Absolute Marine - Vero Beach
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE

Absolute Marine - Vero Beach

Any forum members have any experience with them? I'm having steering issues on my 19' and looking for someone to assist with cylinder rebuild and/or air bleed/fluid replacement. Thank you.
    German Shepherd Dogs rule! Adopt one today.

Don't do it

Thanks for the input. Any recommendations in the Vero area? I"m fairly new to the area and haven't had to use anyone locally yet.

If you think you have air in the fluid lines, they make a tube that take the hydraulic fluid on one end and screws into the reservoir on the other end. (I think its called a hydraulic fill kit or something like that) Just hang the bottle upside down, poke a hole in it with a push pin, and leave it for a day or two, turning the wheel a few times every now and then when you think about it. I have done this a couple times in the past and it removes most, if not all, of the air in the lines and return my steering wheel back to normal operation. This is not a fix for the root problem but will get you back on the water. (My boat a had a small leak in the seals around that cylinder that would cause the reservoir to run low every 4-5 months. when it got bad enough we changed the seals problem fixed, also not very difficult to do yourself.)

Also, I have had good result with Top-Knotch Marine (in north Fort Pierce on US1). They might be slow sometimes, but they are pretty reasonable with their prices (well as reasonable as a marine mechanic would ever be).

Quote Originally Posted by Knotiko View Post
    Also, I have had good result with Top-Knotch Marine (in north Fort Pierce on US1). They might be slow sometimes, but they are pretty reasonable with their prices (well as reasonable as a marine mechanic would ever be).
    Thanks for the inputs. I'm gonna look at some youtube videos on how to do it now that you've pointed me in the right direction. Thanks again.

I've been taking my boat a bit further south to St. Lucie Outboard Marine for several years and so far so good. I was unimpressed with Top Notch. I shopped there for replacement bimini bows after a commercial kingfish boat crumpled my bimini with his outrigger while I was drifting with baits out, nearly ran right into us. Top Notch was a Key West dealer and I needed an OE replacement but what they ordered was entirely wrong- aftermarket crap. Haven't been back since.

I would go to sl lucie marine before top notch but if you just want your cylinder rebuilt take it Turner hydraulic shop on Orange ave in Fort pierce. They will rebuild it for pennies on the dollar that a marine dealer charges. I paid $12.

Thanks!

St Lucie Outboard is best and always fair and honest, have met a few BAD marine mechanics, SLO is not one of them, he is a quick diagnose, will call you b4 work if something else needs fixing, and is always done when he says he will be...