Micro Swivel/ Redfish Spoon - Page 2
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I put a swivel on all the spoon flys I tye, they work good without it but better with it. It elimanates pretty much all line twist on any design spoon fly and some designs are god awful about twisting line both in the air and in the water. If you can hear your spoon fly buzzin on the cast , its working you harder than its working the fish. Many of the anglers who fish my spoon flys, also like the Waldner spoon depending the enviorment they'r fishing that day. They all comment on the durability of both patterns.

I'd forgotten that you can buy "open eye" hooks. These can be attached directly to a swivel.

Mike

Open eyed hooks, never thought of that. Ill have to check and see if they offer any hooks I might consider suitable.

Great advice on how to get line twist out of fly line. I always stretch my line before fishing it and about every third trip drag it behind the boat for awhile to get all the twist out of it.

..I'm enjoying this thread , learning also

Picked up Raven Ultra Micro Swivel 4xs & xxxs ,both 20 lb rating I'm just a couple of weeks out to give it a try

Quote Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
    I put a swivel on all the spoon flys I tye, they work good without it but better with it. It elimanates pretty much all line twist on any design spoon fly and some designs are god awful about twisting line both in the air and in the water. If you can hear your spoon fly buzzin on the cast , its working you harder than its working the fish. Many of the anglers who fish my spoon flys, also like the Waldner spoon depending the enviorment they'r fishing that day. They all comment on the durability of both patterns.
    If your on the sale pm me I'll support the forum posters

shadowalker : it was great talking to you yesterday as you explained the dynamics of your spoon fly . I did forget to ask if you if you had a name for them ? The order is in & will be waiting for the mail . I'm having a chance this Christmas week & looking forward to using them
    Thank you very much again sir Chuck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12