Bootle Bay trip post Irma and Maria
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE

Bootle Bay trip post Irma and Maria

straws near Memory (2).jpgThree of the regular "Uptick" crew flew into the airstrip at Old Bahama Bay on 9/26 as hurricane Maria was passing about400 miles NE of the West End Grand Bahama area. After getting settled into the rooms at the Lodge we launched the Ocean Master with the idea of putting on fuel and maybe diving a few conch for dinner. We ran around the corner to Blue Marlin Cove and although there were some guys working on the sea wall the guy that sells fuel was "in Freeport". So we ran the short distance up to OBB and put on 225 gallons. The credit card machine was acting up and fuel was $4.50 a gallon by the way. With the weather pretty good we ran to an area of about 10-15' of water SE of Memory and dove up a few conch for dinner and we were also lucky to run into a few bugs. Good start. dz diving conch (2).jpg. bugs while conching (2).jpg. conch for dinner (2).jpg. We had a great dinner at the Lodge and also celebrated Vida's daughter's birthday. A big cake was in order. birthday girl (2).jpg. We enjoyed good weather the next day and went up near Sandy to catch a few live baits. Sandy Cay (2).jpg. I took a picture of the bait we catch that the locals call a cottonwick. cotton wick (2).jpg. We then ran north of Memory and ran into a nice bunch of tasty lane snapper as well as a cero on fly. cero on fly (2).jpg. lanes first day (2).jpg. We enjoyed a nice run back to Bootle. flat seas.jpg. The next day dawned gloomy and breezy so we hung around Bootle until around 10:00 when the weather improved. dark clouds (2).jpg. We got into a nice assortment of snapper north of the Rock and caught a few cuda for the village. dz cuda (2).jpg. mango and hog (2).jpg. A colorful cooler indeed.colorful cooler (2).jpg. tommie cuda (2).jpg The next day we decided to run east toward Freeport to try something different but that didn't work out well. After running back around the corner toward Memory we did "save the day" for some locals that were broke down about 18 miles north of West End village. So we hooked them up and towed them in. broke down (2).jpg. towing (2).jpg. Overall a great trip with good weather. We put the old Ocean Master back on the trailer, cleaned her up and did some maintenance anticipating the next trip to the islands. putting away (2).jpg

good eats!
    It works 60% of the time all the time......

Great report.

Thanks for the report Dennis! You’ve got me looking forward to getting back to Bootle

Thanks for sharing and great report. I'm jealous and can't wait to get back over.......

Was just there in July - Your fish box looks a bit more full than mine did Can't wait to get back there again. Great post and pics!

Pura Vida!

Nice trip. Thanks for the report.

Your Southeast Florida Real Estate Resource !
    www.HomesOfTreasureCoast.com

Search for homes on any mobile device with my FREE MLS SEARCH App !
    http://app.kw.com/KW2GYNJDM

Nice mixed bag - thanks for posting!
    Anything I say...What a wonderful philosophy you have!