Weather help - Page 2
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weather help

Definitely helps, thanks Flight Risk! Some really good info there, as this is all new to me but mainly want to get out and do some reef bottom fishing for snapper, hopefully get on some dolphin too once I know what im doing. But drift fishing will be the go-to since thats what the admiral is excited to do with the kids too hehe.

Thanks all again for some great advice! I cant wait to hit the Juno pier ledge, thats the current goal since I know where that is and have fished it a few times bumming rides. Will definitely be branching out from there!

While you are drifting the edge put a chum bag out with a block of frozen chum. An amazing array of stuff will come to the chum bag including lots of great potential live baits.

Fireman Bill

You have a lot of good info and it comes down to your comfort level. The Everglades is a great boat and will serve you well. With a 22Ft. you should be aware of 3Ft. + and short duration the more time on the water the better! You will have some scary times use them to your advantage! Have fun be safe.
    GOOD LUCK TO ALL FROM TEAM LET'S GO,
    BONES AND BOOMER. LET'S MAKE EVERY TRIP COUNT

L.G. LIFE IS GOOD ON THE "LET'S GO!"

Another suggestion is during the summer I use MY RADAR app on my phone to track summer squalls. A flat day can get down right ugly when your in a 18 CC. Twice this year I left out of Jupiter and came in LWI. Which gave us an excuse to stop for lunch at one of the watering holes along the way.
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, martini in one hand, Cheeseburger in the other, body well used and worn out and screaming WOO-HOO What a Ride!"

Magic Seaweed is usually pretty good. For wind, I like windy.com and ventusky.com - many times you'll see wind report that says one direction, but a half mile up the beach it's a different direction. With those sites you can see the bigger picture of wind direction. Also, wave height isn't as big of a factor as the time period in between waves. A 9 ft wave that's 15 seconds a part you'll barely feel...but a 3ft wave that's 2 seconds apart will rock you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12