scented shrimp vs gulp shrimp - Page 3
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Scented shrimp vs gulp

Quote Originally Posted by Arsinek View Post
    Gulp shrimp work.

There is a reason you constantly hear about them. Unless you're drunk or clumsy or something the "juice" isnt a problem. If you get it on your hands stick your hands overboard and wash them off.

I think some people just dont like them because theyre so popular.
    Novice, but gulp mullet baits, 3 or 4 inch work well with1/8 ounce. You get 10 to 12 in pack, one bait can last. I only buy when on sale. I like to stay at .35 cents or less per bait.

Yall must be some poor mofos if you cant afford Gulp.

Gulp shrimp work.

There is a reason you constantly hear about them. Unless you're drunk or clumsy or something the "juice" isnt a problem. If you get it on your hands stick your hands overboard and wash them off.

I think some people just dont like them because theyre so popular.
    Or some of us don't have a problem filling the cooler with DoA Cals so we don't see the point in Gulp.

Quote Originally Posted by kellercl View Post
    Or some of us don't have a problem filling the cooler with DoA Cals so we don't see the point in Gulp.
    And some of us dont have a problem filling the cooler with Gulps so we dont see the point in DoA Cals. So there!

I like using gulp baits, have had great success with them but seem pricey. Letting them stand for a few minutes before first cast toughens them up. Hate the packaging, I do put buck tails and non scented plastics in the juice which seems ti help them get more hits. I also find the original power baits less expensive and more durable.

And some of us dont have a problem filling the cooler with Gulps so we dont see the point in DoA Cals. So there!
    Lol, that is a fair point. Use what works. Folks keep looking for magical lures, when they need to be learning how to read the water. Hungry fish will hit a wide variety of lures, finding the fish is more important than lure selection, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by kellercl View Post
    Lol, that is a fair point. Use what works. Folks keep looking for magical lures, when they need to be learning how to read the water. Hungry fish will hit a wide variety of lures, finding the fish is more important than lure selection, imho.
    ^^^^^this is the truth. Find fish and you can use almost anything
    You should have been here yesterday

I agree 100% on finding fish. Once I locate fish, I try other plastics to see what they will hit other than Gulp. Most of the time other plastics do get the fish to hit. Now and then only Gulp works or Powerbaits, usually tubes. I know live bait and cut bait at times only way to go. I not in the habit of buying unless the fishing with plastics not good and grandkids will be fishing. Then I do what keeps them happy and catching fish.

Westerville OH; Daytona Beach south to the ML; St Pete and Boca Ciega Bay
    What Davederb said. VUDU ROCK. And with the reinforced tail, they last.
    Last edited by LCinOH; 11-14-2017 at 01:37 PM.

WishinIwasFishininFL

Here in stuart we do a lot of DOA baits. But I've fished the Vudu baits that we're given to me and did well. As for scenting them....I've done well scenting and just throwing out of the box. Whatever gives you confidence😜

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123