Smoke Hollow 40 in. Digital Electric Smoker
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE

Smoke Hollow 40 in. Digital Electric Smoker

Time to replace the Masterbuilt. Anyone have any experience with these, pics and reviews look good, just hate buying something without actually seeing it. http://www.olp-inc.com/product/smoke...ectric-smoker/

Did you get it? My Masterbuilt went belly up back in june. Looking for a deal.

Think you can find cheaper and have not heard alot of good about the bluetooth

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield

Haven't got it yet, still trying to decide, most of the ones I've been looking at really seem cheap. I've been thinking about a BGE but the accessories add up real quick. When my Masterbuilt went out they said it was the control unit in the bottom of the box and could not be replaced. A new box was over 300 and I only paid 200 for the unit originally .

I ended up converting my charcoal vertical smoker to propane since I also have a fish fryer. Was a good move and no issue if power goes out.

P1010007.jpg

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield

Never tried electric. This post reminded me of the following taken from a 2015 article about barbq smoking in NC. Pretty funny.
    If you like smoking meat, this article is for you.

Sorry for the derail. Carry on...

In Defense of the True ’Cue
    Keeping pork pure in North Carolina.

By Calvin Trillin

A paragraph taken from the article.

The name of the Campaign for Real Barbecue was inspired by the Campaign for Real Ale, in the United Kingdom, which was founded to protest the “bland processed beers” that big brewers were passing off on the British public. The Campaign for Real Ale uses fermentation in wooden casks as its main criterion for producing an acceptable brew. The Campaign for Real Barbecue’s main criterion for bestowing its certification on a barbecue joint is that the meat being served has been cooked exclusively from the heat of hardwood coals. A barbecue establishment that cooks with gas or electricity, perhaps adding some wood chips to get a bit of smoky flavor, is likely to be referred to by one of the campaign founders as a gasser—although John concedes that the barbecue produced in hybrid ovens, even if lacking “some of the soul of the operation,” can, on occasion, be better than no barbecue at all. The tone of the campaign is in keeping with the sort of Southern courtesy that could presumably be wiped out, along with possum hunting, in a Bubbacidal episode: the pledge posted on its Web site, TrueCue.org, says, among other things, “I will not eat meat cooked only with gas or electricity and mislabeled ‘barbecue,’ except when courtesy requires it.” In Dan Levine’s view, “There’s a continuum. We’re not fanatics. We just think there’s one right way to do things. Otherwise, it’s just oven-roasted pork.”

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...f-the-true-cue

Sad to hear that Pete. How about some propane ribs??

RibsPlated0030.jpg

Or some Pork Butt?

Pulled0023.jpg