Discharges - Page 3
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Discharges

A few comments for the recent posts.
    1. Backpumping. Not a normal process with any real quantity, however when they backpump, in many cases the water is cleaner than that coming in the lake from the North.
    2. The EAA reservoir. If we had it now, we would still be discharging into both East and West discharge points. The EAA would have only stopped about 10% of the discharge with all the water we got from Irma.
    3. Moving water South. Can't do it now, everything is full to the brim from the conservation areas to Everglades National Park.

Fact: The north plan to store water North of the lake is faster, cheaper, and more efficient at keeping our water clean than any reservoir to the South.

Oh, but I don't know anything about it, I only Built phase 1 of STA 1W, Southern end of STA2, The Periphiton STA demo project, Parts of STA 3/4, Pump stations 335, 370, 372, STA 5 Discharge canal and bridge, etc etc etc.........With that kind of investment in this work, I pay attention to every single aspect of what is going on in the Everglades water issues.

Heck, when the FS gods started that thread to propose a new reservoir, I told them it would not happen and the only option was the old EAA site. After great argument by others, what happened???? The old EAA site!

You can be passionate about the issue, but it is very complicated to understand all the constraints on any plan you choose.

The reasons sending water south or building storage areas south of the lake would not work were put forth in a piece in the Treasure Coast Palm newspaper this AM....written by Mike Hutchcraft , a former SFWMD board member .....Tonight it was replaced by a story about how well those reservoirs would help......... ???

Quote Originally Posted by saltysenior View Post
    The reasons sending water south or building storage areas south of the lake would not work were put forth in a piece in the Treasure Coast Palm newspaper this AM....written by Mike Hutchcraft , a former SFWMD board member .....Tonight it was replaced by a story about how well those reservoirs would help......... ???
    I saw both articles, they both can't be right!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron@.38 Special View Post
    I saw both articles, they both can't be right!
    I think the first article was in regards to just the EAA reservoir alone and was in regards to discharges. The second was in reference to all reservoirs NESW being online and again in regards to discharges.
    I could be wrong though.
    Tried to look for the articles again, but could not find. Maybe if you could post the link would be great.

We know the EAA reservoir is not the silver bullet. But it is part of cerp and the faster it comes online in conjunction with the finishing of mod waters, the greater possibility for moving water south is created, as well as helping to curb destructive discharges east and west along with all the other projects.

The current system is what prevents water from going south. Restoration is the key.
    Quote from Shannon Estenoz. The Director of Everglades Restoration Initiatives for the DOI.
    1:29 of Meeting.
    https://www.facebook.com/SFWMD/posts/1222980031179746
    http://sfwmd.iqm2.com/Citizens/Split...04&Format=None
    Last edited by Darcy; 10-28-2017 at 01:51 PM.
    "No i'm NOT Darcizzle!"

https://captainsforcleanwater.org

I live in Fort Myers and the water in our river (the Caloosahatchee) is the worst I've ever seen it. Check out the color of the water in my livewell.

river water.jpg

Juno pier yesterday was horrible.. politics have been burning money and time. When will this get fixed...??? how can we fix it now?? so many questions with so little time.

Quote Originally Posted by cabopc View Post
    I live in Fort Myers and the water in our river (the Caloosahatchee) is the worst I've ever seen it. Check out the color of the water in my livewell.

river water.jpg
    Makes it hard to pick out the better sized baits. Lol. That is pretty dark. Damn.
    "No i'm NOT Darcizzle!"

Crystal bay last week..

Big Sugar will prolly be blamed by the snowflakes..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.

. Shocking.
    Doesnít look like itís snowing up there.
    Last edited by Darcy; 11-12-2017 at 06:32 PM.
    "No i'm NOT Darcizzle!"

Anumber1.. why do you not think that a good portion of this will not be the product of big sugar?
    are you one of those guys who are paid to go against other peoples posts?
    I ask because everything that someone brings up you have an answer for at 7,900+ posts and if you read them they are usually stirring the pot.
    maybe that's just another reason this site is not even going anywhere??? maybe it has nothing to do with cold weather maybe a mirror is what you need..?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast