Discharges
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Discharges

Discharges

This is the worst smelling discharge into the Saint Lucie River I have ever experienced. I live on the river and it smells like a septic tank that has just been opened during the hotter part of the days. I can not go outside because I get sick.

I live in Largo. With the power out the lift station on McKay creek, which is brand new but has no generator, dumped raw sewage into the creek for 2 or 3 days.
    They were nice enough to come around and post signs stating that the water was contaminated, so don`t swim with your mouth open..........

Well I walked to my dock and barely could walk back from being sick. It is very bad here.

Same crap, different year... Some things never change. So disappointing.

Mostly basin flow. Fish kill in C-24 (North Fork). Enormous BOD.

If everyone would quit pooping, we wouldn't have to deal with this crap!

I don't live by any discharge areas, but the damn air is dank! Smells like sulfur mixed in with a little rot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron@.38 Special View Post
    If everyone would quit pooping, we wouldn't have to deal with this crap!

If we would allow the water to flow south over the AG fields we wouldn't have to deal with this crap. Instead, they are back pumping their crap filled field water back which is then being sent in every direction except where it should be sent, which is south. Here we go again.. Remember last year when everyone who was against the send it south memo said that back pumping never happened and all this pollution was from us and to the north. WRONG.....

Quote Originally Posted by SnookMan772 View Post
    If we would allow the water to flow south over the AG fields we wouldn't have to deal with this crap. Instead, they are back pumping their crap filled field water back which is then being sent in every direction except where it should be sent, which is south. Here we go again.. Remember last year when everyone who was against the send it south memo said that back pumping never happened and all this pollution was from us and to the north. WRONG.....
    Back pumping is rarely if ever done! Its just not the problem, The problem is from N of the lake. Most Ag water goes thru thousands of acres of treatment cells and is actually very clean!

Back pumping is happening right now or at least was a few days ago, so I wouldn't say "rarely done" it happened last year and happened again this year. Safe to say it will probably happen again next year... I agree that it is not the sole problem, but it is certainly apart of the problem. There is no denying that. The AG fields south of the lake are also in the way of a potential solution to restore the flow south just like mother nature intended it to go, before political interests and big AG got involved to divert the water off and around their precious fields. Fields that grow sugar cane subsidized by our tax dollars producing sugar that is more expensive than we could import it in for. Really makes zero logical sense.

If you are not apart of the solution, you are apart of the problem. AG falls in that category.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast