Discharges - Page 4
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Discharges

millions of dollars and many hours people waste on fighting over what is right... think about it. what's left to save?

Quote Originally Posted by testerman28 View Post
    Anumber1.. why do you not think that a good portion of this will not be the product of big sugar?
    are you one of those guys who are paid to go against other peoples posts?
    I ask because everything that someone brings up you have an answer for at 7,900+ posts and if you read them they are usually stirring the pot.
    maybe that's just another reason this site is not even going anywhere??? maybe it has nothing to do with cold weather maybe a mirror is what you need..?
    my photo was from Crystal River and the flooding from the Withlacoochee River due to Irma.
    Tannic acid stained water flowing north from the Green Swamp into the gulf.

Kinda like the human hockey that flows from Orlando south into the lake then sent east and west during rain events like Irma.

BTW, good edit darciyssle!
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.

Yeh. I’ve learned not to feed the trolls, the animals, or the bored disgruntled old people.
    Last edited by Darcy; 11-14-2017 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Added the word disgruntled, for those folks who check edits.
    "No i'm NOT Darcizzle!"

https://captainsforcleanwater.org

Quote Originally Posted by Ron@.38 Special View Post
    A few comments for the recent posts.
    1. Backpumping. Not a normal process with any real quantity, however when they backpump, in many cases the water is cleaner than that coming in the lake from the North.
    2. The EAA reservoir. If we had it now, we would still be discharging into both East and West discharge points. The EAA would have only stopped about 10% of the discharge with all the water we got from Irma.
    3. Moving water South. Can't do it now, everything is full to the brim from the conservation areas to Everglades National Park.

Fact: The north plan to store water North of the lake is faster, cheaper, and more efficient at keeping our water clean than any reservoir to the South.

Oh, but I don't know anything about it, I only Built phase 1 of STA 1W, Southern end of STA2, The Periphiton STA demo project, Parts of STA 3/4, Pump stations 335, 370, 372, STA 5 Discharge canal and bridge, etc etc etc.........With that kind of investment in this work, I pay attention to every single aspect of what is going on in the Everglades water issues.

Heck, when the FS gods started that thread to propose a new reservoir, I told them it would not happen and the only option was the old EAA site. After great argument by others, what happened???? The old EAA site!

You can be passionate about the issue, but it is very complicated to understand all the constraints on any plan you choose.
    FACTS:
    January 2016- Back pumped 3 BILLION GALLONS into the lake from the south.
    June 2017- Back pumped 5.7 BILLION GALLONS into the lake from the south.
    September 2017- Back pumped 3.7 BILLION GALLONS into the lake from the south

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Yeh. I’ve learned not to feed the trolls, the animals, or the bored disgruntled old people.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234