Xcelerator 21' Build

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

Xcelerator 21' Build

Hey Everyone,

Its been a while since iv been on the site and noticed this new forum section that allows us to post the build of our 21'. I know I covered some of the beginning of the build on our last build thread but I will start over. The boat is 21' with an Armstrong bracket and a 200 4 stroke. This will make the LOA about 24'6". Beam is 8'4" and draft is 15". The boat is going to be set up as a multi-versatile fishing machine. It will be set up for inshore fishing in the front with a casting deck and livewells and set up for offshore or nearshore trolling in the back. It will be finished off in Alexseal Ice Blue with a white interior.

Garmin 4212
    Garmin Auto Pilot
    Garmin VHF
    Garmin Gauges
    Fusion Stereo
    Interior LED
    2 Underwater lights
    Teak flooring
    Teak Toe Rail
    Teak covering boards
    Teak Helm Pod
    Actuated pop-up electronics display
    Recessed volvo QL trim tabs
    75 gal. fuel tank
    All Gemlux stainless

Here are most of the pics. There are a few more detailed shots on facebook.com/xcelerator.

Thanks!

YES!!!
    http://www.captain-nate.com/
    "If I had my life to live over again, there are some things Id do differently, but, oh yeah, Id still be a fisherman. No doubt about that."
    Thomas 'Blue' Fulford

HELL YES!...finally something to look forward to reading...

Nice job guys.. Keep up the good work...

Banned
    I love the bow flare on your boats. The quality of your builds are amazing. I'm so excited you are back for another build thread.

Beautiful!
    DUDE!

Thanks guys, Im glad your excited to see the progress! Flotation foam is in. Now a couple more stages of faring in the bilge and fish box and the sole will be ready to go in!

Those outter chine logs have tremendous amounts of stress put on them. Why did you apply them after the hull was glassed and faired and not before? I don't see any way that those pieces wont fail over time. Did you guys consider this while you were building? Have your boat designer do a load calculation on that area and see. That would be a ton of work to repair it down the road, plus a really unhappy customer.

Classic1, we wait because it makes the blocking much easier when faring. Once we are done and dry fit the mahogany rails, we take them back off and grind the faring back down to bare glass. We then glass and tab in the spray rails and fare them back out to blend in with the hull. Basically end result is the same as what your saying just different order of steps.

Very nice !! Can the tank be removed with those tubes in place ? They appear to be on top of the tank .

Marine Specialties Custom Fabricators
    http://www.marinespecialties.com/photos.htm

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast