Any surge damage at Port if the Isles? - Page 3
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Good luck - and post up if they say anything about the marina store or ramp opening up.... Wish all those folks good luck (and pray that we don't get hit again this season...) -they're going to need bit of luck and folks coming back to spend their money. I'm fond of the ramp at Glades Haven and probably use it more than most in that area - when I'm not working off of POI....

As a side note - I'm a permitted guide in the 'Glades - and we haven't heard a peep out of the Park since the storm.... I figure Flamingo will locked down a long time as they slowly clean it up before re-opening the front gate...
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666

Big surprise.... Just came from the Park's website where they've posted a bit of info about the cleanup, etc. Unlike previous closures - the Park is NOT closing Park waters this time... Here's what they've had to say...

Everglades National Park – CLOSED

"While the park remains closed, airboat concessions will begin operating and marine waters are open with a Notice to Mariners posted.
    Park maritime waters are open for access, including to commercial permit holders, with a mariners advisory to exercise caution."

This is very good news since folks will actually be able to "run south" from Choko or Everglades City while the Park, itself is still closed for repairs, etc. Pass the word along to anyone interested....
    Last edited by lemaymiami; 09-18-2017 at 12:05 PM.
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123