PC- Mahi, bonita, cuda's- 9/5/17
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS

PC- Mahi, bonita, cuda's- 9/5/17

Heading out for some pre-hurricane trolling while the wind and waves are still light. The wifey had to drop the little one off at school so we had a late start. Finally passing the jetty by 930am, I was convinced we missed the morning bite and the day was gonna be shot.

Heading out in search of a fishy area we passed a descent weedline in about 110 feet and improved color change with more scattered weeds at about 130 feet. Didn't stop until 150 foot depth due east from the port where a few terns were flying around and dipping in the water and more scattered weeds were present. Before all lines are out a cuda hits and my wife reels in the first fish of the day. Ten or so minutes later another line goes off and as I begin reeling this one it jumps and I could see it was a nice mahi. Along with it comes several more friends. Of course several minutes of mayhem ensue...using small chunks of mullet were were able to hook up with 2 out of the 3 tag alongs. After boating 3 mahi in short time and proudly spraying the blood off the boat we started trolling the area some more. An hour or so goes by and we pick up a few more barracuda's along with a large bonita so we decide to head home.

Caught all fish on squirted ballyhoo. Also had few subsurface lures out in the event a wahoo swims by but no such action on those.

All in all a great day and have some fish to snack on before the storm!

That's a nice day! Thanks for the report.

Nice Job! Be safe

They look the same size as the very first one you ever caught on my boat. Trolling 8A. Always ready to fish, always no time. Family commitments. By the way, my shoulder surgery recovery has sucked.

Great report, thanks for sharing with the FS forum community!

You will now be entered in our forum giveaway! Keep posting new reports until September 31st for more chances to win the fishing trip of a lifetime with Fishing Nosara in Costa Rica!

Check out http://www.floridasportsman.com/2017...ing-adventure/ for more details.

Yep you're right! That was a nice one that surprised us both. Glad to hear you're shoulder got fixed. I'm long overdue to get ya out on my boat so let me know when you're ready.