Ft Pierce inshore 8/12
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS

Ft Pierce inshore 8/12

Got out early this morning to look for tarpon in ft pierce. Found some rolling fish first thing just south of the inlet. 5 minutes in and I jumped a 60lb fish that ended up throwing the hook. Shortly after my brother also had a fish on but also quickly came unglued. Both fish were hooked on DOA baitbusters. Shy fish as of late as I have been scaling down to 25lb leader to get bites. The bite sadly ended quickly and by 7:30 we ran back to the flats to look for another bite. We worked the flats and docks to the north. We managed a bunch of small snapper, grouper and a few trout on soft plastics and flies. This bite lasted till about 10 before it was just too hot. On the way back in we tried looking for tripletail but no one home. Plently of bait around as mullet, and pilchards seemed to be everywhere. Tried to get some but the mullet outsmarted us and the pilchards were just too small.
    IMG_2153.jpg
    IMG_2156.jpg

Is that grass on your boat deck from the river or your yard!

Quote Originally Posted by THE"U" View Post
    Is that grass on your boat deck from the river or your yard!
    it's probably from throwing the net. Thanks for the report man.
    East Boynton

Grass is from the river.

Great report, thanks for sharing with the FS forum community!

You will now be entered in our forum giveaway! Keep posting new reports until September 31st for more chances to win the fishing trip of a lifetime with Fishing Nosara in Costa Rica!

Check out http://www.floridasportsman.com/2017...ing-adventure/ for more details.