Inshore Slam in Sebastian (Indian River) 8-12-2017
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS

Inshore Slam in Sebastian (Indian River) 8-12-2017

So I got a call from Palm Beach Pete last night telling me he wanted to hit up the grass flats of the Indian River in Sebastian this morning and wanted to know if I was interested. Is a frog’s a$$ watertight? I’ll be there! We launched at sunrise to another beautiful Florida morning with low winds. As we reach the first spoil island, we see tons of bait in the water and start the day off with a jack-a-thon (as he puts it). After about 10 or so we eventually move on to our planned spot. The grass is finally growing back in the river. I was throwing a Monster-3x Shad on a 1/8 jighead, but the grass was so thick that I had to switch over to 1/8 oz weighted weedless hook with a DOA CAL Shad paddletail. This area is full of grass with big sandy potholes, so my plan was to throw across the grass while slowly letting it sink into the sandy potholes. A few tosses later and I land a nice Snook. Following the busting schools of bait, a short time later I hook up with a nice Trout. Release her and now all I need is a Red and I have my slam. Over the next few hours, we covered a bunch of water and I added to the count with a few more Trout and then finally get a nice hit. It's the Red I've been waiting for! Ended the day with a 9 spot Redfish to complete the slam. Most spots on a Red I’ve ever caught. My totals were 5 jacks, 5 Trout, 2 Reds, 1 Snook, 1 SailCat. Pete made his own videos with some great catches and underwater footage. Make sure you check it out.

Hope you like the video.

Last edited by davederb; 08-13-2017 at 09:25 AM.
    Air Force Veteran 93'-00' ~621st TALCE~

2014 Hobie Pro Angler 12

We will have to do it again.

Nice video of a terrific day.

Congrats Dave. Well deserved.
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, martini in one hand, Cheeseburger in the other, body well used and worn out and screaming WOO-HOO What a Ride!"

Great report, thanks for sharing with the FS forum community!

You will now be entered in our forum giveaway! Keep posting new reports until September 31st for more chances to win the fishing trip of a lifetime with Fishing Nosara in Costa Rica!

Check out http://www.floridasportsman.com/2017...ing-adventure/ for more details.

Dave, that is fantastic stuff. What a great fishing adventure. Sounds like you had fun. Did you leave any fish for Pete? Lol...I am pretty sure I didn't see him catch anything....

Thanks bud. Pete did fine for himself! He is making his own video for that day with his catches. Was easier for me to make my own video since I had tons of large video files that needed to be edited.
    Air Force Veteran 93'-00' ~621st TALCE~

2014 Hobie Pro Angler 12

Nice Tally of fish - Congrats !

nice report!
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!

Love the music and the fish, nice job