Predator 13 taking on mystery water
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS

Predator 13 taking on mystery water

Hello there,

I've noticed lately when I spend more than a few hours in my predator 13 kayak that it takes on water somewhere other than in the hull. It gets heavy as hell when I go to haul it out and I look in all the ports and pull the plug but nothing. Is there 2 layers of hull or something like that that water could be getting into from the skid plate or something like that? Any ideas?

check the gasket on the plug.
    Put your kayak on a diveway and fill it half full of water. what a while and look for the wet spot.
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, martini in one hand, Cheeseburger in the other, body well used and worn out and screaming WOO-HOO What a Ride!"

There's no other place. Maybe you're just tired when you're finished fishing.

Should be able to set it up with something under the middle which will allow you to turn it into a sea saw. Lift it on the one side and if there is water in there you will hear it and feel it. Although, I vote tired too.

Thanks guys! I will fill it up and see if i leak anywhere, great idea. Could be just tired, who knows!

If you think it has a leak that is that noticeable you should simply be able to see where its dripping out while loaded on the roof of your car or trailer...
    Old ****** who just likes to fish

If I remember right OK had an issue with the joints in the scuppers in sealing or being very thin and breaking. I think I read it on this site http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com/f....php?p=1567558. But it's been a while, It might have been the Tampa site that went by-by.

My son's phoenix filled up last time he was out. This fall when it's cooler I'll fill it up and find the leak. I hope I can fix it with 3M 5200.
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr

Lexel sticks to polyethylene, 5200 may not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex from GA View Post
    Lexel sticks to polyethylene, 5200 may not work.
    Thanks for the info
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr