1st post fun weekend trip
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE

1st post fun weekend trip

Live in North GA and love to fish in the salt. Decided to put my boat at a marina in Panama City Beach and think I have fished more now that my boat is over 300 miles from me than when it was 2 miles from me. Got to come down over the past weekend and could not get out Saturday morning due to heavy rain and it started to clear around 11am and we decided to fish in the bay by the bridge and my niece caught a 22lb red on a small freelined pinfish. She handled this fish like champ. Great fight and released.
    36074123430_7f984c28e9_c.jpg

Got to go out on Sunday and fished 10-15 miles out from the pass and got our snapper fix in. Back in truck by 2 and home around 8pm and looking forward to another weekend soon.

Marc Snap.jpgTom Snap.jpg

Cool deal right there. She looks excited. Way to hang in there & wait on the weather to clear a little. I come down from TN, so I know what it's like to do the long distance thing. Gotta go when you can.

Thanks for posting your report.

Livin' the Dream !

Nice fish man! Congrats!
    It's funny, a lot of us drive up there to hunt and y'all drive down here to fish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't beat that!
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"

Cool beans!

I'm only a couple blocks from the marina and haven't been able to fish since May.

That looks like a great trip; and, a pretty excited young lady! Like you I'm in NGA (Sandy Springs) and keep my boat at Treasure Isle. The drive for a long weekend isnt bad and the fishing sure is good.
    Support the Snook & Gamefish Foundation
    http://sgf.gamefishcloud.com/

Angler Action Program: IAngler app trip log on your phone

Definitely looks like your niece had a great time with that fish. You guys in the Atlanta area need to move, that place sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by LilOrange View Post
    Cool deal right there. She looks excited. Way to hang in there & wait on the weather to clear a little. I come down from TN, so I know what it's like to do the long distance thing. Gotta go when you can.

Thanks for posting your report.
    Lilorange- where are you at in Tennessee? I am in Brentwood (Nashville) I keep a boat at East Point (Apalachacola)

Great report, thanks for sharing with the FS forum community!

You will now be entered in our forum giveaway! Keep posting new reports until September 31st for more chances to win the fishing trip of a lifetime with Fishing Nosara in Costa Rica!

Check out http://www.floridasportsman.com/2017...ing-adventure/ for more details.

Quote Originally Posted by Circle-Hook View Post
    Lilorange- where are you at in Tennessee? I am in Brentwood (Nashville) I keep a boat at East Point (Apalachacola)
    I was born & raised in B'ham. I'm currently in the Nashville area as well (last 20 years). Live in Smyrna & work in Franklin. Small world.

My family has a place in Destin. Been going down there since I was a baby (late 60's early 70's). But, my buddy keeps his boat at Light House Marina in Panama City.......so, that's where I currently fish out of. We try to go down about once a month (give or take) from April/May until October.

Livin' the Dream !