Daiwa BG wooden knob/handle upgrade
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS

Daiwa BG wooden knob/handle upgrade

I have a couple of bg40s and bg60s that are still in great shape, but don't find myself using them as much because the old school wooden knobs are not as comfortable as some of the power knobs and t-handles on my newer spinning reels. Anybody ever upgrade the knobs/handles on their Daiwa BGs? If so, how? And where did you get the parts? Does anybody know a reel repair shop that does this? I am in South Florida

Check out http://alantani.com I'm sure someone can tell you what size handle will fit. (If you search someone may have already asked the question) There are numerous sellers listed there that also sell handles etc for upgrades. It should be fairly simple to change out a handle, something you could do yourself.

Thanks Xaf. I'll give it a try and see what pops up. Didn't see anything in existing threads. If anybody else out there has any suggestions, I am open to them.

Hit up Ricks Reel Service. He does all types of handle/knob upgrades. I actually have a couple BG's in with him right now, but I personally don't mind the handle, and like the old school look of them.