Palm Valley Lately
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS

Palm Valley Lately

Haven't been in a few weeks. Taking my 7 and 3 year old girls in the morning and was wondering how it has been lately.

I’ve fished the valley almost every weekend for the past year. Still learning it but always do best mid-outgoing to low tide, which this weekend is just the opposite in the am. Last couple weekends have been ok, but not great. 1 or 2 slots, lots of rats under 10" and at least 1 keeper but small flounder each time.
    Mud minnows are best if they have them, plenty of finger mullet seem to be 2nd best if you want to throw the net. A lot of shrimp out there in the creeks the past couple weeks but they've been pretty small.

We went and the girls stayed busy until about 9:15 with snapper, ladyfish, and small trout. I caught a keeper triple tail on a chunk of ladyfish. What a surprise.

Fished the outgoing yesterday afternoon. No mud minnows at the bait shop so we tried netting some mullet but they were even sparse. Water was the warmest i have seen in the creeks, 92degrees... managed 1 flounder, then 1 nice just above slot red off blue crab right before sunset
    IMG_0643.jpg

That's right ladies and gents...cut ladyfish caught a beautiful TT! I saw the pic and couldnt believe it