Moving to SW Florida soon, visiting Aug 6 - 12, looking for dives, maybe lobster?
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE

Moving to SW Florida soon, visiting Aug 6 - 12, looking for dives, maybe lobster?

We are buying a home in Cape Coral to be used as a rental for a year or two then permanent retirement. Moving from Utah.

So my wife and I are coming out the 6th through the 12 for closing and vacation.

I'd like to get some diving in while in the area, and will probably head down to the Keys for a few days.

I have never done lobster and would maybe like to hook up with a dive center or group or person who wouldn't mind showing a noob the ropes.

I do have an issue in that I am a bit cash poor right now having just spent significant funds on the new house purchase. I have cash for fuel or a guide or going with a shop, I just can't get too extravagant on spending.

Any suggestions appreciated or if you need a dive buddy who can pitch in on costs, or know of any group trips I could get in on, let me know.

Thanks!

Mike

Mike - I would suggest getting TWO lobster size gauges. (one for the boat and one for your vest).
    the gap is "usually" cut to 3.0" by the manufacturer.
    Personally, I take a file and make the gap 3-1/16" to eliminate
    any possibility of doubt when it comes to Mr. Green Jeans making his rounds.
    very cheap to buy - easy to make yourself.
    have fun - be safe.
    gooster gauge.jpg

Congrats on the home purchase and moving to Florida. Reach out to piner wahoo on this forum he is down in keys and can take you for a reasonable rate.

Quote Originally Posted by John-1948 View Post
    Mike - I would suggest getting TWO lobster size gauges. (one for the boat and one for your vest).
    the gap is "usually" cut to 3.0" by the manufacturer.
    Personally, I take a file and make the gap 3-1/16" to eliminate
    any possibility of doubt when it comes to Mr. Green Jeans making his rounds.
    very cheap to buy - easy to make yourself.
    have fun - be safe.
    gooster gauge.jpg

Skip all the adjustment and just use a readily available commercial gauge. They will ask you for your gauge to measure the bugs in your icebox. Legal is legal, they don't shrink.