GoPro Problems
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS

Thread: GoPro Problems

GoPro Problems

Hoping that someone else may know a lot more about go pros than I do and can offer some advice. I purchased a hero 4 black (second hand) a few months ago and immediately started bringing it with me on fishing trips and filming the whole day. Took it out for 3 trips and everything seemed to work fine. While snorkeling two weeks ago the camera starts beeping and the screen said "sd error", couldn't get it to work the rest of the trip. Got home wiped the memory of the card followed the instructions online that told me how to reset the card and camera together and went out again. 15 minutes in and camera starts beeping again with the same error message. Anyone know if this is a card related or camera related issue and any advice on what to do to remedy the situation. I purchased the camera second hand so I can't return it but the card was brand new. Appreciate any help.

Are you using a "certified" memory card? The speed of the card is important but so is the brand, it seems like the cheaper made cards even if they were rated for "class 10" cased a malfunction like you described. Are you formatting the card in the camera or using a computer? Try the other method and see if that helps, (computer or camera).

I looked for info on "certified" micro cards and found that I had the right brand but apparently not the "extreme" model (or something like that). I'm going to order one of the recommended cards and see if that helps. I thought it was odd that it worked for a few trips and then all of a sudden nothing.
    Thanks for the help!

As Stated above it's likely a SD Card issue Card should be A Class 10 & I believe GoPro has a list of preffered SD Cards on their web site