FIRST TIME CRAPPIE FISHING!!
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE

FIRST TIME CRAPPIE FISHING!!

I met a guy who strictly crappie fishes year round.. doesn't care for bass just wants to catch as much crappie as he can. Apparently crappie fishing is turning into a competitive sport like bass fishing with major tournament trails now... i had no clue. Anyways, I had never crappie fished before yesterday and wanted to give it a shot to see what its all about.. I had a blast and now I need to invest in crappie fishing tackle I think i found a new hobby

I've seen those guys fishing tournaments while I was bass fishing. They are pretty serious.
    "You'll get your weather"

Right there is a great way to get into fly fishing. Ready to fish el cheapo 5wt rig and you'll have a blast.

a zebco dock demon ultra light spinning reel and ugly stick gx2 with spinning reel are the way to go for tackle. Johnson spinner baits in black work great. a owner size 8 mosquito hooks are best for live bait. nothing but a hook with worm, no bobber no weight, is the go to rig. you have to cast it like your fly fishing but is easier then you think. crappie fishing makes for lots of fun.

sure had a blast this day!!!

what lake was that on?

Senior Member Lobstercatcher229's Avatar
    I appreciate folks who know Crappie fishing who let me come along for the ride. The first few times I Crappie fished I didn't do very well. Like a lot of things there is a learning curve.

Cool that you got to have some fun with that fish.