July 15th report out of caxambus
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE

July 15th report out of caxambus

Took my youngest (13)and a friend of his out. We left the dock at 6:00am. Bought the shrimp the night before and split them into 2-5gal buckets, kept in side, add frozen water bottles and still partially cooked shrimp. The marina doesn't open till 7. Anyway, headed down towards Everglades city for some nearshore fishing (storms were offshore). Used jigs and cut shrimp. Some small snappers and a 32" Cobia. Then headed make North by Fakahachee but still near shore. More small snappers. Headed further out once storms cleared and managed 2 larger snappers and 5' ft black tip. Tried some hard bottom in 25-30ft range to see if any red grouper came this shallow yet. No bites. Back at dock by 1pm. Gave the snappers to a friend. Have next week off and will try again.

Senior Member Turner River Terror's Avatar
    9 am , Buttonwood Bay and surrounds , Far inside ,Fresh caught Mullet chunks mostly.
    400 Catfish . one Gag Grouper real small , one nice Snapper , 400 Sharks various kinds , One Whopper Redfish.
    Red was 20 plus pounds. beenawhile since I caught one that size. Good fight but their poor to eat that big.
    I went with the Chunks just to try a new plan. Worked ok , plenty of action but Lord the Junk fish.
    Killin and Grillin

As far as red grouper...don't worry. I couldn't find many yesterday at any of my usual spots all the way out to 160'

Quote Originally Posted by tg. View Post
    As far as red grouper...don't worry. I couldn't find many yesterday at any of my usual spots all the way out to 160'
    Hopefully, they will move in soon