New Tail-Hunter TickleSnare Lobster Snare - Page 2
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I lived in Key West for 7 years back in the '60s and '70s and go back to visit regularly.
    we never used no snare - just gloved hands. real divers don't need no stinkin SNARE !!

Quote Originally Posted by John-1948 View Post
    I lived in Key West for 7 years back in the '60s and '70s and go back to visit regularly.
    we never used no snare - just gloved hands. real divers don't need no stinkin SNARE !!

Disagree, and I AM a real diver.

The likely hood of catching the smart and big ones diminishes once they get back up in their holes which can be very deep. And horsing them out damages eggers and shorts and just takes way to much time.

Better and more effecient to coax 'em out and then nab with a snare, net, ect...

I'm sure they are less plentiful now than back in the day.

slot - yes - back in the '60s, it was very possible to fill a wash tub with lobster just by snorkeling around the bridges and shallow reefs.
    we used a tickle stick or the reflection of our mask to coax them out within grabbing distance. (never grabbing their antennae).
    I just don't agree with a wire snare - I don't care if it is for lobster or a water buffalo. just my personal choice.

I guess I could edit my choice of "real divers don't need no stinkin SNARE"
    down to "experienced lobster gitters don't use a snare". Just tourists with a one day pass.
    (and that is only "one" of the reasons the Keys went from a 9 month season down
    to a few days a year - over harvesting and taking shorts and eggers). IMHO.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

(and I have been a PADI certified open water diver since 1970).
    and a Florida Native from 1948.

Last edited by John-1948; 12-21-2017 at 04:38 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12