Cherokee NC
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cherokee NC

Cherokee NC

Anyone ever fished there? Wife and I going there on vacation in Aug. plan on fishing some streams for a day or two. Any advice?

Senior Member thatredneckguyjamie's Avatar
    trout fished some of the creeks up around there mostly around Pigeon Forge, Townsend area several times. Caught a good number of trout but they were all quite small...7-8 inches being the norm. My brother fished a dam up there somewhere right near Cherokee and did well on catfish and bass, caught a couple trout that went around 18-20"

I caught the most behind the Golden corral in downtown Cherokee. They like worms.
    It's fun fishing and they stock them twice a week I think.
    "You'll get your weather"

Depends on what type of fishing you want to do. There is a special fly fishing only catch and release stream that requires a special permit but it has 15-22 inch rainbow trout. Its called Raven Fork.

The regular stocked waters are good choices for heavily stocked 9-12 inch rainbows and the occasional giant brown trout. You can use any type of bait or lure.

The Great Smokys National Park is also right next door and allows fishing with single hook lures and flies. These are wild fish and the streams are small.

Bait choices for catching some stockers for dinner I would try live red worms, pink Power Bait worms, or a small inline spinner.

If you fish the reservation all you need is a Cherokee permit and you are good.

Thanks for the help everyone. I fished trout streams in Maine many yrs ago. Don't expect anything big just gonna have dome fun, thanks again.

I'm all about fishing behind any Golden Corral!! Especially if they're stocking them. Wow.

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by mikenav View Post
    I'm all about fishing behind any Golden Corral!! Especially if they're stocking them. Wow.
    I know right
    "You'll get your weather"

there's a Golden Corral in Cherokee?

Little River Outfitters put up a good fishing report for the smoky mountains:
    http://littleriveroutfitters.com/pag...ing/report.htm

The bridge going into the Smokemont campground is a nice little hot spot.

If you fishing the Cherokee Res the day rate is cheaper than a license. They stock often also

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast