1998? Yamaha 150 identification help
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1998? Yamaha 150 identification help

Unsure of model, the tag is all worn off. I need to find how more info on this motor because the previous owner (i hope) disconnected the RPM gauge. Reason being i believe, they removed the oil reservoir and went to pre-mix, now the oil light and alarm would activate. For obvious reasons, i need this hooked back up.

I can clearly see a V6 150 that they spray painted over...

Disregard the ugly green lettering. That will all be replaced with the appropriate stickers.

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

5D89EC40-15D0-457D-BAAA-5BAA6FA0CD77.jpg

anyone have any updates?

I would try Yamaha, You should be able to locate a serial number somewhere on the block but, I can't tell you where to look. Not sure if you have tried it yet but sometimes Google works pretty well. Sorry I couldn't help more.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Looks like a Saltwater Series II OX66...

Quote Originally Posted by bbusbey View Post
    Unsure of model, the tag is all worn off. I need to find how more info on this motor because the previous owner (i hope) disconnected the RPM gauge. Reason being i believe, they removed the oil reservoir and went to pre-mix, now the oil light and alarm would activate. For obvious reasons, i need this hooked back up.

I can clearly see a V6 150 that they spray painted over...

Disregard the ugly green lettering. That will all be replaced with the appropriate stickers.
    What I believe you have is a Non-US Yamaha global 150AETX. The fuel filter and bracket is the giveaway. It's an old school outboard still being marketed today outside the US. It"s a very durable engine but it has never been equipped with oil injection. They are not sold here because they will not meet US emission standards. https://global.yamaha-motor.com/busi...s/2st/200-150/

I would suggest using Yamaha Pro Series Analog tach without the oil light (part #6Y5-83540-14-00)...or an after-market analog tach.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by geosite; 07-17-2017 at 10:16 PM.

I'll shoot some pics of my 01 F150 tomorrow so you can compare blocks.

look at this picture.. it has the V6 150 on the back but has been painted over. the one linked above doesnt have this on the back. also, the sides i think have different graphics.

that said, i used to have a Saltwater Series ii and remember those words being on they cowling. i am not seeing it on this one..

IMG_0206.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bbusbey View Post
    look at this picture.. it has the V6 150 on the back but has been painted over. the one linked above doesnt have this on the back. also, the sides i think have different graphics.

that said, i used to have a Saltwater Series ii and remember those words being on they cowling. i am not seeing it on this one..
    Disclaimer from the same link...at the bottom of the page -

The lineups of outboard models offered differ by country or area. Product names, coloring and graphics may also differ. The specifications of outboards shown on this website may be changed or production discontinued without notice.
    Always read your owner's manual before using the outboard and be sure to use it properly.
    Direct inquiries concerning Yamaha outboards to your country's distributor or local dealership..
    Last edited by geosite; 07-18-2017 at 01:09 PM.

and this is different than what ReelHazard posted, suggesting it was a Saltwater Series II OX66 ...

ReelHazard, do you agree with Geosite?

No disrespect intended to ReelHazard...
    If your engine was, indeed, a Saltwater Series II "OX66" it would have fuel injection, not carburetors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast