1998? Yamaha 150 identification help - Page 3
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Key choke should work if not use the one on the motor . Are your butterfly valves seating properly when you choke the motor. May need a carb adjustment, I don't mess with carbs I leave that to professionals.

You checked/replaced plugs ? Check your plug wires ($10 tester) . Good compression? I'd definitely put an inline water separator . The filter on the motor should have red ring in it if it's floating you have water if its on the bottom you should be ok. Nonetheless I'd put an inline separator and change regularly.

If I'm not leaving at 5am I try and cold start motor before I head to the ramp .
    Last edited by mik8881; 10-10-2017 at 08:13 PM.

Is there a way to test if the key choke is working? for that matter, the knob too..??

grabbed a pic from the beginning of this post. the red ring is on the bottom, so i have no water. though this is good info to know. i always wondered what it actually was in there.

I don't know how to check it . Try finding "Jethro" on here or THT he's a wealth of knowledge with these older Yamaha's. The bottom solenoid to the left of that filter (green and blue posts ) is your trim solenoid and where you can wire a trim switch if you wanted .

Small update.. motor started right up at 3/4 throttle and primed the bulb 6 or so times.. neighbors werent too happy about that. i wasnt expecting it and didnt have my hand on the throttle to simmer it down from yelling so loudly haha

I told you to be ready to throttle down . Good to hear what you thought was a problem isn't .

Curious have you ever did e a compression test on your motor ? If so what were the readings ? I'm getting 90 on all 6 and was curious if this was normal on these C series.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123