TRANSDUCER HELP PLEASE!!!!! - Page 2
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hello all, I am having a Garmin 7610xsv and GT51 installed next Monday and will be adding either the B175W, M, or L. Trying to figure out which one is better or maybe going with 2 of them if I can’t decide. I plan to troll, bottom fish, and deep drop here out of PE and all SEFlorida and at some point Bahamas trips as well. I was thinking the M but not sure what I’d be missing compared to the W in waters 300 feet and under like reefs and wrecks. If the W is that much better than the M I’d probably get both if not that much better in those depths I’d just go with the M. I need help.

Thanks

Just do a B275 and have the best of both worlds in a duel frequency unit?

Hey Eric,

Itís been a bit, how you doing?

He is what got installed on Shoeless 3 (Hydrasports 2800 Vector WA):

2 x 7612xsv
    B175H
    B175L
    GT51
    12kw 4 Ft HD2 Radar
    Plus, a killer stereo and of course autopilot.

We do similar fishing, but here lately Lana and I have been doing more bottom fishing than trolling. For this reason I chose the 175H, if I was doing more trolling and wanted to spot fish in the water colum as I trolled, Iíd probably go with the 175HW.

The nice thing about the sxv as you have mentioned, no sounder box. Each unit can run 2 transducers, 1 x 8 pin and 1 x 12 pin(I think itís 12, but could be wrong). So for me, I opted for 3 . So now I have all bases covered 1kw CHIRP L, 1kw CHIRP H, 600 w CHIRP M, and down and side vu.

We have probably fished the boat about 10 Times this year being it took me all spring to finalize the purchase of the boat and all the rigging. I only need 4 more rod holders welded in and itís 100% ready to go chase YF Tuna in the Bahamas. So far I love it. The downvu/sidevu is amazing. I can spot bait balls to the sides of the boat when catching bait, see barges/pipes/rubble when bottom fishing. I have yet to flex the muscles of the 175L yet, but I expect it to be absolutely amazing DD in the Bahamas.

On a separate note I bought nearly every component of my electronics from Gil. He is a standup guy and will get you the best prices hands down.

Good luck,
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    On a separate note I bought nearly every component of my electronics from Gil. He is a standup guy and will get you the best prices hands down.

Good luck,
    Sean

X-2

Gil knows his stuff...

Wow - you went first class Sean!

Let me know how you do deep dropping with the 175-L - I'm curious what it will show on the bottom when in the target zone. Also, if you can recommend optimum settings. And, how it compares to the B-175M over the same locations.

Pura Vida!

Quote Originally Posted by Flight Risk View Post
    X-2

Gil knows his stuff...

Wow - you went first class Sean!

Let me know how you do deep dropping with the 175-L - I'm curious what it will show on the bottom when in the target zone. Also, if you can recommend optimum settings. And, how it compares to the B-175M over the same locations.
    Thank you Sir!!!! I figured it was time to step up to the plate and rig a boat the way I have been dreaming of fishing ever since I did an YF Tuna Trip with Pat Price many years ago. Its hard to believe that only 6-7 years ago I was in my 20 Ft. Century dreaming of bigger boats and now here I am.

I haven't been on the forum much as I picked up a new side project when fishing is a bit slower in the winter times. Its a Factory Five Racing GTM Supercar. This thing is a beast and I have been plugging away at the build for the last few months.

That is cool! I'm sure it'll keep you busy as well - congratulations!

My son's shop teacher in high school built a Cobra kit car with a 400+ ci engine in it. Cool factor was off the charts...

Pura Vida!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12