Live well pumps - Page 2
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Live well pumps

As Jiminpb said, I use the Johnson cartridge pumps which comes with a three year warranty. I purchase them at West Marine and they immediately replace them, no questions asked. I install them with a two prong trailer plug and keep a spare in the boat with a plug installed so I can change out on the fly. My bilge pumps are the same size, make and model so in a real pinch, I can switch them out and use the live well pump as a bilge just by switching locations. ******CAUTION******* When you pull the live well pump cartridge out and you are in the water, sea water comes in really fast, you have to be quick.

Key Largo (Mostly)/Miami(As little as possible)
    You can buy a lot of cartridge pumps for $750

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic IV View Post
    As Jiminpb said, I use the Johnson cartridge pumps which comes with a three year warranty. I purchase them at West Marine and they immediately replace them, no questions asked. I install them with a two prong trailer plug and keep a spare in the boat with a plug installed so I can change out on the fly. My bilge pumps are the same size, make and model so in a real pinch, I can switch them out and use the live well pump as a bilge just by switching locations. ******CAUTION******* When you pull the live well pump cartridge out and you are in the water, sea water comes in really fast, you have to be quick.
    You should have a sea **** under the pump in case of emergency. You are relying on a plastic pump to keep you from sinking.

Hooker Pump all the way. Variable speed and quiet. We have two and they are unreal. Worth every penny.

Thanks for the in put guys. I have a 31 tender and the space to get down in the bilge is small and I am a big dude. So I kinda want to do this once. I do have a valve on all my through hull fittings. The seachest is not an option.
    Thanks again for all the options
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/Brfdlt/jump.gif

Life begin's as soon as I leave the dock!

I have great luck with Johnsons. They are not expensive but seem to be heavier duty then others in their price range.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12