FLAMINGO REPORTS - SUMMER '17 - Page 6
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Bob, I think he's saying that he received notice that you can now drive all the way down and launch at Flamingo at any time. No longer between 7am to 7pm.

That would be nice -it gets a bit old getting caught by the barricade and having to wait until they open up at 7....

confirmed, road now open 24x7.......fished the fall out front in the AM on Sunday looking for reds and got blanked Lots of mullet everywhere we fished/poled and the amount of bird-life was amazing. Picked up and launched out back......water levels are real high everywhere and very tannin stained. Managed 4 snook to 25", 1 slot red and 1 trout. Not much bait back there, but we stayed east of Midway Keys.

Partial Closures Remain in Effect (11/2/17 Update)
    Shark Valley, Gulf Coast, all campsites & some trails are closed. The main park road is now open 24 hours/day to Flamingo. Marine areas open for day use, use caution due to underwater hazards. At Flamingo, the boat ramps are open with no other services.

The notice I got said that the road to Flamingo is now open 24/7. I assumed that meant we could be in Flamingo 24/7. Just wondering if we would be bothered by rangers if we slept in our vehicle (I have a van camper) over night. Bob or anyone want to venture an opinion on this?

Got the answer. Flamingo is open 24/7. But illegal in all parks to sleep in a vehicle not in a campground. They are working on getting the campground open.

Quote Originally Posted by captain splash View Post
    Got the answer. Flamingo is open 24/7. But illegal in all parks to sleep in a vehicle not in a campground. They are working on getting the campground open.
    Not sure about the scope of work needed to open the campground. But maybe camping on the beach sites or chickee maybe an option.

From what I've seen having fished out of Flamingo a time or two since they allowed us to use the ramps again..... Anyone down there at night will be all by themselves (if you discount the critters and the bugs...). If they've opened the roadway I'll bet that at least one midnight shift ranger will work their way down there - and any vehicle in a parking spot anywhere at Flamingo will be kind of hard to miss (since it will be the only car there, period...).

Sounds like fun if you're up for a bit of late night adventure... Me? not so much.
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666

Whent down to Flamingo last week. They are repaving another section of the road. If you have a flat on the Flamingo road, keep two wheels on the black top. so figure out how I know. The tide in Shark river was riping. Fishing was slow. Out side Shark Island was loaded with fish. Plenty of Tarpon. They tore down the fish cleaning station completyHope they build a new one. Lots of luck Capt. George the voice of experience.

Hey Bones, might be time to put up the Winter thread......tons of water still coming out of the Glades, but it looks like the fish don't mind and are making their yearly push inside. Landed about a dozen snook with a few just short and one right at 33"Snook111817.jpg

Hopefully back out there on Tuesday....

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456