Why aren't catch shares just auctioned at the start of each season? - Page 2
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    If I tried to rig a public bid like the comms did to the ARS quota, I would go to jail!

It blows my mind that they can be bought, sold or leased in the first place, once allocated it is yours to use, if you don't want it, it should be retuned to the pool to be reallocated. no one should be able to sell or lease their allocation. It was a free gift handed to them on a silver platter and they get to gold plate it.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Quote Originally Posted by surfman View Post
    It blows my mind that they can be bought, sold or leased in the first place, once allocated it is yours to use, if you don't want it, it should be retuned to the pool to be reallocated. no one should be able to sell or lease their allocation. It was a free gift handed to them on a silver platter and they get to gold plate it.
    free? lol
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron@.38 Special View Post
    If I tried to rig a public bid like the comms did to the ARS quota, I would go to jail!
    So how did they? spell it out.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.

GREAT! Those sitting behind the desk can make even more $$$ by SELLING us shares to catch our own fish!!!

Certainly one of the most ridiculous things the US has ever done with a public resource.

Quote Originally Posted by ANUMBER1 View Post
    free? lol
    Yes, FREE.

These same shares given away for FREE to the initial IFQ shareholders are worth about $1/4 BILLION today.

It's felony theft of our Public Trust Resources.

Not only were these IFQs given away for FREE, they are exempted from paying royalties to the nation for the privilege - ripping off American taxpayers to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars since 2006.

These IFQ Sea Lords are allowed to lease "their" shares to other commercial fishermen for $3.00 to $400 per pound. In effect, not only is this industry exempted from paying royalties, the system has been hijacked so that THEY COLLECT OUR ROYALTIES and pocket 100% of the proceeds.

It's time for the Trump administration to put an end to this scam.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hilton View Post
    Yes, FREE.

These same shares given away for FREE to the initial IFQ shareholders are worth about $1/4 BILLION today.

Not only were these IFQs given away for FREE, they are exempted from paying royalties to the nation for the privilege - ripping off American taxpayers to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars since 2006.

These IFQ Sea Lords are allowed to lease "their" shares to other commercial fishermen for $3.00 to $400 per pound. In effect, not only is this industry exempted from paying royalties, the system has been hijacked so that THEY COLLECT OUR ROYALTIES and pocket 100% of the proceeds.

$400/lb???

Nice to see you Texas guys give a big FU to the rest of the states... We'll remember that in the shake out tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hilton View Post
    Yes, FREE.

BTW, blood, sweat, and tears to get to that point.
    10 day derby's, eff the weather.. They paid their dues..

Please keep politics out of this tommy..

Quote Originally Posted by ANUMBER1 View Post

Please keep politics out of this tommy..
    .....................................coming from a "lobbyist"
    Common sense ain't so common anymore.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast