Why aren't catch shares just auctioned at the start of each season? - Page 4
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    scam? the new rec season with the potential to harvest 250,000 lbs per day...

Unless the MS act is thrown out therse won't be another federal rec season for 5 +years.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarponator View Post
    Tom, You're right, it is time. However, and without devolving into a political conversation, you think the current administration will make things better? Look who they chose to head the NOAA: Chris Oliver.

http://www.savingseafood.org/news/wa...oaa-fisheries/

What does that tell you?
    Based on the cataclysmic shift with the Gulf Council appointments today, I would say it bodes well for reasonable and rational fisheries management for our Gulf of Mexico fisheries for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by ANUMBER1 View Post
    scam? the new rec season with the potential to harvest 250,000 lbs per day...

Unless the MS act is thrown out therse won't be another federal rec season for 5 +years.
    It all makes sense now. Our seasons are being set based on " POTENTIAL to harvest " numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by drgibby View Post
    It all makes sense now. Our seasons are being set based on " POTENTIAL to harvest " numbers.
    that's their #, not mine.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by ANUMBER1 View Post
    that's their #, not mine.
    Whose numbers? EDF's? Good one.

Anyone who claims that a 39 day private rec season is going to crash the Gulf of Mexico red snapper fishery is either smoking crack, or worse, getting drunk on the EDF Koolaid!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hilton View Post
    Based on the cataclysmic shift with the Gulf Council appointments today, I would say it bodes well for reasonable and rational fisheries management for our Gulf of Mexico fisheries for a change.
    Please explain.

Because when I see a bunch of seafood producers in love with a candidate, it puts me on edge.

Which of the new Gulf Council appointees were supported by a bunch of seafood producers?

You are probably referring to the new head of NMFS - Chris Oliver. According to Jim Donofrio, Mr. Oliver is going to do the right thing for recreational fishermen and judging from the actions of people appointed by Trump this far, I have to say I am encouraged. Mr. Oliver is from Texas and is an avid recreational fisherman, and understands the issues at play here.

Best,
    Tom

Which of the new Gulf Council appointees were supported by a bunch of seafood producers?

You are probably referring to the new head of NMFS - Chris Oliver. According to Jim Donofrio, Mr. Oliver is going to do the right thing for recreational fishermen and judging from the actions of people appointed by Trump this far, I have to say I am encouraged. Mr. Oliver is from Texas and is an avid recreational fisherman, and understands the issues at play here.

Best,
    Tom
    The CFA fully supports and endorses Chris Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    The CFA fully supports and endorses Chris Oliver.
    So does www.Freedom2Fish.org!

Best,
    Tom
    Yes, I was referring to Oliver, and I hope you are correct -- but I will suggest it's a bit more than an understanding of the issues that we should hope for, and to that end we shall see....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast