U/W Lights and Interfering with Fishing
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nevermind

decided to just let it go
    Last edited by Daz; 05-05-2017 at 07:43 AM.
    Daz

Egret 167 c/K
    41' Island Packet cutter

How were you interfered with?

Quote Originally Posted by Westwall01 View Post
    How were you interfered with?
    He thought he was fishing the dock at Motel 6.....where they always have to leave the light on.....just for him.
    Common sense ain't so common anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by CountryBumpkin View Post
    He thought he was fishing the dock at Motel 6.....where they always have to leave the light on.....just for him.
    They do have to leave the light on if they turn it off to stop him from fishing. If they turn it off to go to bed that's not interfering. Good luck getting that distinction enforced but it is interference.

They don't have to leave the light on. You can't force someone to leave their dock lights on at their expense for your benefit. As much as I fish lights and have had it happen to me, I would have a hard time finding PC by them simply turning off the lights and leaving them off.

Turning the lights off and then back on after you leave could possibly be construed as harassment of a fisherman. Intent would have to be determined.

I fully agree that no one can be forced to leave a light on but if the reason in the light owner's mind for turning off the light is to stop someone from fishing (usually the reason IMHO) then the light owner has "mens rea" / the guilty mind. But proving that is very tough unless light owner posts something about his guilty intentions. Turning the light on again later confirms the guilty mind beyond any doubt as you say and would hopefully result in penalties if caught.

So a property owner turned "HIS" light off and some yahoo got pissed...
    I'd put mine on a photocell to turn it off when a boat got near and dare someone to take me to court..

I'd take their kids college fund afterwards in civil court for bothering me...
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.

I'm with you on that one ANUMBER 1 !!

When I left my UW lights on, I kept finding lures and hooks stuff on my dock lines. No more lights for the local fisherman at my house!

Their dock, their light, their choice.

When u get your own dock and light then you'll get a choice too.

Quote Originally Posted by mbowers View Post
    I fully agree that no one can be forced to leave a light on but if the reason in the light owner's mind for turning off the light is to stop someone from fishing (usually the reason IMHO) then the light owner has "mens rea" / the guilty mind. But proving that is very tough unless light owner posts something about his guilty intentions. Turning the light on again later confirms the guilty mind beyond any doubt as you say and would hopefully result in penalties if caught.
    Thats funny .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast