56 tarpon in one week... and one catch I'll never forget
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE

56 tarpon in one week... and one catch I'll never forget

Well this past week proved to be a good one. A new personal record was set with 56 tarpon put in the air throughout the week during 5 charters. We covered a lot of ground... hitting all of the usual spots in Charlotte Harbor, Myakka River, Peace River, Boca Grande, Placida, and more. Some late nights and some double charters ending at 5:30AM. Some early season scouting paid off also as we jumped quite a few tarpon in some not-so usual spots. Hogy lures were the go-to lure this week, but some tarpon were had on shrimp, crabs, mullet, and others. Some days were calm, some of them we got a little wet... ok a lot wet. But at the end of the night we were talking about the drag running and the aerial show we just got done watching.
    I will say though, without question, that my favorite charter this week was Tony and his big brother Ken. Tony and Ken were introduced to me through the Big Brothers and Big Sisters club of Englewood, and I had the honor of taking them out this morning and jumping 3 adult tarpon with them. Guys, I'm not saying this to make myself seem like I'm doing something special here because I'm not... but if you can spare the time please consider being a big brother or big sister to a young boy or girl. Tony has an amazing story to share and I feel so privileged to have met him... I hope I was able to show him and his big brother as good of a time as they were inspirational to me. Hug your mom, dad, son or daughter... and share your passions and joys with them... you just never know when you won't be able to do it again.

Now go catch some tarpon!!!

-Mag
    Tarpon... everything else is just bait.
    2016 Tarpon Count: 61/209
    2017 Tarpon Count: 102/409
    Captain Keith Magnussen - Crooked Rod Charters

Awsome

Nice week, good thing you don't need sleep.

Gotta love the week of the new moon....

can we get a like button!!!

Hell ya
    Please subscribe to my YouTube channel for HD big game fishing! https://youtu.be/gArGhITKlzE

Wow! youve been busy. Hope I can make it back sooner than later.

Was the catch u would never forget with the big brother kids or was there another catch u would never forget that u forgot to mention?

Well said! Thanks for sharing!