2017 Red Snapper Season...Gulf side
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS

2017 Red Snapper Season...Gulf side

looks like the Atlantic will get screwed again... but the Gulf side season was announced.
    Tell me why again why the Atlantic was closed the past 2 seasons?

Posted: Thu 2:08 PM, Apr 20, 2017

PANAMA CITY BEACH, Fla. (WJHG/WECP) - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission has set the 2017 red snapper season.

The season was announced at an FWC meeting on Thursday.

The 78-day Gulf recreational red snapper season will be as follows:
    --Open Saturdays and Sundays in May starting the first Saturday in May.
    --Open daily starting the Saturday before Memorial Day (May 27) through Sunday following Independence Day (July 9).
    --Open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in September and October, plus Labor Day (Sept. 4).

“We are once again able to provide and maintain fishing opportunities for Gulf recreational anglers and provide stakeholders with spring, summer and fall fishing options for this economically important species,” said Commissioner Chuck Roberts.

The federal seasons for private recreational anglers and federally-permitted charter boats and head boats in Gulf federal waters have not yet been announced by NOAA Fisheries.

This is referencing the Florida state waters gulf season which extend out to 9 miles in the gulf.

For what it's worth we also have a Florida state waters season here that extends out for 3 miles on the Atlantic side. It has never closed and is open year around.

The Federal Gulf waters season for this year has not been announced yet as far as I know.

But to answer this question "Tell me why again why the Atlantic was closed the past 2 seasons?"

Only "King Roy Crabtree" knows the real answer.
    Common sense ain't so common anymore.

FOLLOW THE MONEY FIND THE REASON AND IT'S COMING TO THE ATLANTIC NEXT
    I am from Florida and have enjoyed living and fishing for 59 1/2 years in a free country of common sense witch is now gone,it's not about the science or the poor endangered ARS but the money,and not the money we spend on bait,fuel,food,equipment tax's insurance and fees but special interest connections lining pockets of a select few,and we the people are not a part of the club,hoping before i die to get another "legal" ARS season. fish until you drop !!! http://www.fox8live.com/story/344402...ublic-resource

Tommy I am with you. Times are a changing quick. Way too much foreign influence and way too many American scumbags willing to sell out. The expansion of our port is going shut us recs out when it all goes down and you can count on it. The Shares program needs to stop. Crabtree needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by CountryBumpkin View Post
    This is referencing the Florida state waters gulf season which extend out to 9 miles in the gulf.

For what it's worth we also have a Florida state waters season here that extends out for 3 miles on the Atlantic side. It has never closed and is open year around.

The Federal Gulf waters season for this year has not been announced yet as far as I know.

But to answer this question "Tell me why again why the Atlantic was closed the past 2 seasons?"

Only "King Roy Crabtree" knows the real answer.
    You can also keep all the ones you catch in fresh water too
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.