DEP,FWC and water management - Page 2
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.

Yea, I knew Deseret created an 80 yrs DRI on about 25,000 acres along the old Beeline. Figured something else was going to come but did not expect to see almost a third of their land for development. That will make a huge change for that whole area. Thank God I got out of there when I did.

I heard about this a few weeks back, or read it in the news - can't remember.

I assume it will be very similar to what was purchased north of Tram Road along the St. Mark's River corridor. In that case they opened it up to non-consumptive public use (biking, hiking, horseback riding, etc.) but have kept it closed to consumptive use (hunting). I'm not sure where they stand on fishing but expect it may be open to the public. Honestly, after I found out they were hard set on non-consumptive use only I quit paying attention.

I, from an outdoors standpoint, see this as a bad thing since the consumptive users tend to be the only ones paying for their individual use vs. most (no all!) non-consumptive users that do not have to pay for their use of the land.

I'm not trying to start an argument - just my speculation on what they are/are not going to do.

^^^^YEP^^^^
    There's nothing more enjoyable than suprise morning sex...
    Unless you happen to be in jail at the time.

I wonder since it's Mormon owned is it tax exempt? That would be a shame for these poorer counties.

My understanding is yes on taxes.

Foo, I believe you are on target with that statement.

Sources tell me we may be seeing more of this. Not necessarily from Deseret but the timber owners. Remember the constitutional amendment that was passed about 4 yrs ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Yes they pay

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12