Go pro vs water proof camera - Page 2
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by 1982mako224 View Post
    I rate my goPro as my worst technology purchase ever. Waste of $400. Used it about 3 times then put it in the drawer. Like posted above get a waterproof point and shoot like the Fuji or Olympus or Nikon.
    I'll give you $50 to take it out of the drawer and send it to me.

If I was solely taking photos, I wouldn't get a GoPro, for obvious reasons. My GoPro 3 Silver has 3 field of view settings. I rarely use the Wide setting. It has it's place like when there is a lot of fast motion like when the boat is moving. But when I am filming fishing or other things I have it set on medium or narrow. I use the app to frame it and have the camera mounted on something stationary. Even if I am wearing it I set it to medium.

Hero 4 Silver is a great camera if you can find a new one. I use one for work and it matches my professional video camera in good light. The new Hero 5 has some nice upgrades with built in light waterproofing and stabilization but is said to be a little buggy but firmware updates are said to help. Both of these cameras have built in LCD screens and would serve you well. If you are going to take more stills than video a nice waterproof digital point and shoot might be the best bet.

Thanks for all the great responses. I'm leaning towards and water proof point and shoot for now. This sounds like it will fit my needs and the price is right. For those of you with these cameras (Menzies) what kind of mount do you use? I want to mount this on the rail above my windshield for times I'm alone or when I want a pic together with my boys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12