Learned a New Way to Get Rid of Yellow Jackets - Page 2
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    A 16oz bottle of gas. Walk up cram the veck in the hole and walk away. It's very simple and doesn't cost electricity

A pint/quart of gasoline poured down the hole AFTER DARK will kill 100% of them. No burning needed. Let the fumes do the job!

I worked in the woods in the Deep South for many years.....I've never known of another forester bitten by poisonous snakes, but I did know one killed by yellow jackets one hot July afternoon.

Good story, glad it all worked out.

I ran over a nest with the walk-behind brush hog. They were stinging my hands thru the jersey gloves before I knew what was happening. I abandoned the mower on top of the nest. After a quick trip to Piggly Wiggly for Benadryl and wasp spray, I stopped at the dollar store to pick up a cheap sheer curtain. I turned my overalls into a makeshift bee suit using duct tape, and with wasp spray blazing in both hands, I retrieved the mower off the hole. Then I put a bamboo pole in the top and bottom of the sheer curtain, and with the precision of a dive bomber, dropped the sheer over the nest. Next, as the wasps tried to get out, they ran into the sheer, and I sprayed until no more came out. As they returned, I sprayed the wasps on the outside that tried to get back in. It took the better part of the day, but the nest was destroyed. I probably went through 6-8 cans of spray. When all was calm, I stuck one of the bamboo poles into the rotten stump they were using as their nest. That pole went down about 4 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by 2true View Post
    Nice writing Style. Do you know Captain McGillicuddy?
    Vote for the other candidate

How about dumping a wheel barrow of dirt over the hole at night when they are inactive. I doubt they can dig out. Other than that it would be quick and deadly violence. Not a vacuum cleaner. Fire in the hole.By the way, you haven't lived till you suck one down that landed in your soda bottle on a picnic.

Dang, some of you are really working at this when a small cup of gas is all that is needed. Dump it in the hole after dark and walk away. All dead. But then again, some mechanics charge more than others....
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes

Listen to what micci-man says! Dumping dirt on a nest is about as crazy as substituting a broken beer bottle for toilet paper! They'll damn well dig out in as heartbeat! Kill the goddamn things with 12-16 ounces of gasoline!

Gas is my choice too, tho I like to light the hole up too and listen to the little buzzturds pop and crackle.

Mephitidae digs em up an eats em too. And they won't steal your picinic basket.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast