Important for real fisherman!!! - Page 2
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    I guess proof reading is not taught in school anymore?
    I noticed that too. I hope the quality of the youtube stuff is better than the original post. Kudos on wanting to chase your dream. Put in the extra effort to make sure whatever you produce in either film or print is 100%. Try to produce something that is unique if you want to capture your intended audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Skool View Post
    If you're providing real information that cannot be found anywhere else in a way that's interesting, passionate, well produced and ideally has a unique hook (no pun intended), you may have a shot . If you're putting out glorified home movies shot with a Go Pro: my day on the water, in the woods, etc. like 99% of the other so called outdoors channels or fishing shows, forget it. Why should we watch you live your life when we could be out living our own?
    Have you looked on youtube lately? Lots of people out there catching small/everyday fish and "vlogging" about the whole experience. Some of these people have hundreds of thousands of subscribers and make some serious coin. The social media presence with fishing these days is pretty crazy, and it's not slowing down anytime soon.

To the OP, have fun with it, and good luck!

Beyond the hyperbole (what we're not real fisherman if we don't watch?), you've got your marketing flipped. The essence of market is not what's in it for you, it's what in it for your viewer or customer. On a separate note, its seems as if you're trying to be too broad: fishing, hunting, outdoors. Build an audience for one of those then extend your brand. First read Kevin Kelly's 1000 True Fans. Lesson over.

How many have clicked on the link so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeaaa_Chris View Post
    Have you looked on youtube lately? Lots of people out there catching small/everyday fish and "vlogging" about the whole experience. Some of these people have hundreds of thousands of subscribers and make some serious coin. The social media presence with fishing these days is pretty crazy, and it's not slowing down anytime soon.

To the OP, have fun with it, and good luck!
    The serious coin from throwing up a vlog and automatically attracting an audience a la Shay Carl (Yes I have looked at YouTube lately) has been done. Entering the business now means you're on the shaft of the hockey stick not even the heel. Now you better know how to market or differentiate yourself in some way and then hold an audience over and over. Otherwise, there's no retention. Lots of amateur crap out there. And another 300 hours of video added every minute.

At 17 I had snapper on the brain too..

I don't think she would have been into the public video though...

Maybe, but it's too late now.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.

Banned
    Living on the edge...........of the water
    Quote Originally Posted by ANUMBER1 View Post
    At 17 I had snapper on the brain too..

I don't think she would have been into the public video though...

Maybe, but it's too late now.

hahahahahahaha...and the good money says you still do....

Nice job Zach.
    Just ignore all the critics here. You are to be commended for your efforts. I wish you well! It would be nice if we had more young men spending their time fishing and sharing their knowledge like you. Good job mom and dad too!

Quote Originally Posted by mplspug View Post
    I am 47. What about my dreams? Have you ever even considered them?
    Best response of them all. HA!

No love for the op from me. It will be his one and only post and we shall never hear from him again.
    Improve Our Fishery - Practice Catch and Release

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast