looking for older hurricane rods.
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE

looking for older hurricane rods.

I'm looking for older hurricane bottom rods in usable condition for refurbishing or rewrapping. if anyone where there maybe a few laying or hanging around I sure would be greatful. the only stipulation is , they must have an original or partial original label on them for proof they are indeed original Hurricane rods from the Miami area era. thank you for all information leading to any and all. willing to travel within 100/150 miles for the right rods. all will be used for personal use

thanks mike

WoW Mike, no kidding? What makes these rods so special? I just sold a nice 7' MH yesterday to one of my fishing buddies. The rod I had was made in China. It looked nice and all, but I was not thrilled with the reel seat being put on backwards where my hand gripped it was the threads to the real seat nut. I hated that about the rod! Honestly I have other rods the same size I like better so I am really curious why you want the Hurricane Redbone rods so badly???

not redbone rods , these are older bottom rods built in south fla. these were actually built by shakespear . a lot of my fishing partners swear by them and I want to refurbish one to see what all the hype is all about

I have a two piece Hurricane spinning rod that I bought as a kid when I lived in Miami back in the early 60's....

That rod caught a ton of fish off the Haulover pier back in the day. It and a Mitchell 300 were lethal.

It's looking a little ragged nowadays with deteriorating cork handle and reel seat, but is very complete, including eyes

Mine isnt for sale but it isn't what you are looking for anyway.

KeyWest 268 BF 150's
    "Lisa Anne"
    "RICK'S REEL SERVICE, IT'S MORE THAN REPAIRS"

http://RICKSREELSERVICE.COM

I hear ya Mike, I am sorry I got rid of my 2, 8' T80L rods that I had custom wrapped. 1 for a Penn 704 with foulproof guides and 1 for a penn 210 levelwind. great rods bought them at Jefferson's in 1972 in Ft Laud. rewrapped at Bill Boyd's to match all my custom rods...they were great rods !
    2802 Trophy WA, 2x225Merc EFI's...sunk unamed storm 12-09looking for boat #10

you know you can still get the T80L blanks and still custom build. the new models are smooth finish or you can still get the original rib finish . I have the new smooth finish in stock. love them , ive caught red snapper up to 35# on mine . and nurse sharks up to 8' . baddest blanks ive fished with

Old Yeller rods

Quote Originally Posted by mango mike View Post
    you know you can still get the T80L blanks and still custom build. the new models are smooth finish or you can still get the original rib finish . I have the new smooth finish in stock. love them , ive caught red snapper up to 35# on mine . and nurse sharks up to 8' . baddest blanks ive fished with
    Loved them on old bait casters. still have 9' pier jetty rod with squidder on it . Best offshore snapper rod I ever had. reconditioned at Whites bait and tackle. It is beautiful and functional as I use it often in the keys for (Mut,,Mango) snaps. Plenty of give, and play in old fiberglass to win battle still. Good luck finding them, Like the old Harnells.