My Niece's Doberman Pup... - Page 11

Florida Sportsman

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBandit View Post
    Last thing you want to is clip dew claws on a hunting dog.... The run hard and long, the stabilization the dew claws provide the joint is significant....
    You ever own hunting dogs that you actually hunted? I'm going by personnel experience. And clipping them when you dock the tail is simple.
    "Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live." -Mark Twain

"When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race." -H.G. Wells

"Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving." -Albert Einstein

"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride." -John F. Kennedy

"The bicycle is the most civilized conveyance known to man." -Iris Murdoch

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclist View Post
    You ever own hunting dogs that you actually hunted? I'm going by personnel experience. And clipping them when you dock the tail is simple.
    That is what I started out with. In fact my Grandfather bred GSPs (ALL field) Dogs.... My father bred APBTs (Hog dogs) Grandaddy also bred Catahoulas as dual herding dogs and bay dogs.... I have owned my own backs of hounds and curs ad deer and hog dogs. Plus some APBTs as catch dogs... I cut my teeth on hunting dogs..

And NO you should not remove the Dews on hunting dogs.. .

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBandit View Post
    That is what I started out with. In fact my Grandfather bred GSPs (ALL field) Dogs.... My father bred APBTs (Hog dogs) Grandaddy also bred Catahoulas as dual herding dogs and bay dogs.... I have owned my own backs of hounds and curs ad deer and hog dogs. Plus some APBTs as catch dogs... I cut my teeth on hunting dogs..

And NO you should not remove the Dews on hunting dogs.. .
    You are not in the majority on this one. You didn't answer the question, did you actually hunt?
    "Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live." -Mark Twain

"When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race." -H.G. Wells

"Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving." -Albert Einstein

"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride." -John F. Kennedy

"The bicycle is the most civilized conveyance known to man." -Iris Murdoch

And don't take my word for it..... See what Dr Christine Zink, The leading authority on injuries to performance dog.....

I have had good luck with Taste of the Wild and prior Candidae. I believe Johnny does all RAW diet.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the Second Mouse gets the cheese. SW

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclist View Post
    You are not in the majority on this one. You didn't answer the question, did you actually hunt?
    Yes I hunted my dogs hard.... Not tooling around the woods....
    Post up your "majority" and name names and credentials.

People that understand dog anatomy.... Including the leading performance dog vet in the country agree with my statements. You can agree or disagree.... I am trying to help you whether believe it or not..... And When I said a pup without dew claws is a deal breaker for me... I meant it. The dew claw brings muscle groups on the leg together... They significantly strengthen the joint and prevent torque....

Your personal experience with a few dogs inanecdotal.... IF you have had dew claw problems the most probable cause was lack of proper nail care....

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011