Using mustard as an adhesive to coat fish destined to fry - Page 2

Florida Sportsman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ritz just not a good taste. Crush the corn flakes very fine and it comes out crisp like Panko but has a subtle flavor. I also use vegetable oil for fish ... not peanut.
    Port Charlotte, Florida

Quote Originally Posted by RexLan View Post
    Ritz just not a good taste. Crush the corn flakes very fine and it comes out crisp like Panko but has a subtle flavor. I also use vegetable oil for fish ... not peanut.
    Always canola oil or peanut oil for us. Not too hot on vegetable oil although they have improved the smoke point I prefer the flavor from the other two.

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    We prefer the Panko Japanese bread crumbs. Very nice
    Unless I'm using House Autrey seafood breader, all I use is panko bread crumbs and egg wash. 1 egg 1 cup milk.
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.

Quote Originally Posted by Soda Popinski View Post
    Unless I'm using House Autrey seafood breader, all I use is panko bread crumbs and egg wash. 1 egg 1 cup milk.
    We rarely have milk in the house now so the mayo is our go too. Got to admit it works great. It does have eggs in it. LOL
    Last edited by Flash; 03-24-2017 at 01:46 PM.

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    We rarely have milk in the house now so the mayo is are go too. Got to admit it works great. It does have eggs in it. LOL
    Mayo works just fine as an adhesive too, i've done that in a pinch no problem. My father used to make Mahi bites down in South FL back in the day and his recipe was coat the bites in mayo, then bread crumbs, then fry in olive oil. They were light and delicious.
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.

Quote Originally Posted by Soda Popinski View Post
    Mayo works just fine as an adhesive too, i've done that in a pinch no problem. My father used to make Mahi bites down in South FL back in the day and his recipe was coat the bites in mayo, then bread crumbs, then fry in olive oil. They were light and delicious.
    Wow, may not be able to get Mahi this weekend but darn it if I dont fry something! LOL
    Make the forum great again.....consolidate general fishing with for sale or business but keep reports separate!

Quote Originally Posted by trousertroutman View Post
    Wow, may not be able to get Mahi this weekend but darn it if I dont fry something! LOL
    Last night i made an egg wash for some of my last pieces of cubed venison, egg wash, then house autrey seafood breader, then back in the egg wash, then flour, then fry. They were outstanding. Fried em in peanut oil.

when I was doing the low carb thing we used mustard as an adhesive coated with crushed pork rinds on a lot of stuff that called for crackers or some other type of breading

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12