News Regarding Lake O Reservoir - Page 2
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Double post.

"all the paid lobbyist for Bullsugar"

"I know one personally. Maybe his title is something else, but he is most definitely a lobbyist."

These are two VERY different statements.

Quote Originally Posted by DPreston View Post

"I know one personally. Maybe his title is something else, but he is most definitely a lobbyist."

These are two VERY different statements.
    There is no doubt the sugar industry in Florida is heavily involved in politics to protect their own interests. So why the argument over semantics?
    There are only so many casts in life, so shut up and fish!!

Bullsugar.org is not the sugar industry - we are anything but. We are a 501(c)(4) non-profit organization dedicated to stopping the toxic discharges east and west, and re-hydrating the Everglades and FL Bay. Any attempt to try to paint us as a large group of "paid lobbyists" is simply not accurate. We are a small group of fishermen and people that love the water who hate what we see happening to it as a result of what is basically legalized bribery of our politicians. www.bullsugar.org for more info.

Bullsugar.org is not the sugar industry - we are anything but. We are a 501(c)(4) non-profit organization dedicated to stopping the toxic discharges east and west, and re-hydrating the Everglades and FL Bay. Any attempt to try to paint us as a large group of "paid lobbyists" is simply not accurate. We are a small group of fishermen and people that love the water who hate what we see happening to it as a result of what is basically legalized bribery of our politicians. www.bullsugar.org for more info.
    So, you have no paid employees? Especially not the guy we see as one of your spokespersons on tv? And I never said you were a "large group of paid lobbyists". I only made the point that if your whatever you want to call them employees were facing having their homes taken from them, that they would probably have a very different attitude about it. As would your membership, if in the same boat. And rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by pottydoc View Post
    And I never said you were a "large group of paid lobbyists".
    Quote Originally Posted by pottydoc View Post
    I don't believe I ever stated that we don't have paid employees. Of course we do. Are you insinuating that you are ok with sugar spending tens of millions of dollars paying our politicians, hiring national PR and ad agencies, and an army of professional lobbyists in Tallahassee (they have over 70 working for them right now - we do not have a single one) to maintain the status quo, but there is somehow something wrong with us having a handful of paid employees - all people that have been affected by our water issues and some that have had to seek other ways to pay their bills because of them?

I'm not insinuating anything. Quit putting words in my mouth. I tried to call you twice yesterday, at the time you asked me to call. I got no answer. I left a message and said you were welcome to call me. I got no call. You asked me in a pm why I had a problem with Bull Sugar. People posting crud like you did above where you accuse me of things that are flat not true is a tried and true method for BS. I can give you plenty more, and, I promise you that there are plenty of other people that are just as concerned with our water quality as you are that have the same issues with BS as I do. If you still want to talk to me off line, I got no issue with that. I promise you it will be a civil conversation. I think you might be suprised at my views, and myth even learn something about why there are folks who are so for our water, but so against Bull Sugar.
    I'm in the truck for the next hour, you have my number from yesterday's calls.

I don't believe I ever stated that we don't have paid employees. Of course we do. Are you insinuating that you are ok with sugar spending tens of millions of dollars paying our politicians, hiring national PR and ad agencies, and an army of professional lobbyists in Tallahassee (they have over 70 working for them right now - we do not have a single one) to maintain the status quo, but there is somehow something wrong with us having a handful of paid employees - all people that have been affected by our water issues and some that have had to seek other ways to pay their bills because of them?
    The two statements you quoted do not say the same thing. " all the paid lobbyist" could mean al. Of one, or all of 200 or more. I did not say you had a large group of paid lobbyists. You just tried to make something I said into something it wasn't. Again.

Happy to discuss offline - sorry I missed you yesterday, will try you again this afternoon.

http://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/loc...lan/100063798/

Hmmmmm. wonder where we heard that idea before.

Seriously cooler heads have prevailed....................

Now we get to work!http://www.tcpalm.com/videos/news/20...ges/100082010/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12