Question for dog hunters. - Page 2

Florida Sportsman

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I've hunted with the best of them and I have no clue what or why but I believe a male dog will turn off (everyone I have witnessed has) and most females will do the same ! (Seen a couple stay the same and a couple turn off !) I actually have a female that was wrecked and was out of awesome lines that I had to take to a vet (which does not happen often... in the past I've done all my own doctoring ! This was just out of my league ) in the surgery they had to fix her and I can honestly say she abdolutly does not hunt half as good as she did ! But she still catches any hog with not a single bark ... I have no clue as to why ... but that's what I have witnessed
    #LivinthatSouthernLife®

testicles and testosterone push the drive to reproduce. It is one of the most mis understood part of dogs....

Prey drive, territorial drive, etc are not affected by testosterone or lack there of...

This is the dogs second season. Last year they would run their buts off now they want to just follow a first year dog (not fixed) or come back to the buggy. Looks like the end may be near for them or the county is going to get them back.

Last year they were still puppies. This is the 1st time they have been in woods since last year.give them more time you aint got any other dogs to use anyways and FWIW they may have were probably more interested in following the female (unfixed dog). New puppies will be purchsed in the near future so just sit back and let them do whatever they want. You don't have any other choice.try rubbibg there sacs, i swear it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by birddog0219 View Post
    This is the dogs second season. Last year they would run their buts off now they want to just follow a first year dog (not fixed) or come back to the buggy. Looks like the end may be near for them or the county is going to get them back.
    Some thing to look at.....

What is their condition compared to the other dog. Are they carrying too much weight, not enough.

I have not seen the dogs and it would be nearly impossible to diagnos without seeing the dogs in person, but you are missing something somewhere.... Forget about the nuts or lack there of.... If the dogs had it, losing the nuts did not take it aways.

lost cause! having a male deer dog nuetered will ruin them. females arent as bad from my past experience they take to it alot better

Quote Originally Posted by huntinfool48 View Post
    lost cause! having a male deer dog nuetered will ruin them. females arent as bad from my past experience they take to it alot better
    Exactly how does it ruin them?

They ain't going to screw the deer....

Different drive......

Quote Originally Posted by FCHC View Post
    Try Massaging their SAC every 30 minutes during the hunt, it should help. If not then try rubbing the Sac's with Extra Virgin Olive Oil.....
    That, and try shoving one of those Trojan vibrators you see on TV up their arse!...It'll blow their hair back!
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you

Quote Originally Posted by birddog0219 View Post
    and ya'll wonder why so many people have a problem with dog hunters. Of all the folks I know that live around Ocala, mistreatment of animals is by far the number 1 reason they don't like the dog hunters...I think your attitude about sums it up.

The dogs are very healthy and well taken care of not mistreated at all, so where do you get off saying my attitude sums it up. These are tools not pets they are not trained to do anything but hunt. They dont come when called they don't sit, play fetch, and never seen the inside of the house. I'm asking questions here to try and find away to save the dogs. But Like a broken tool I am not going to keep them. If I decide to get rid of them you are welcome to have them. If it makes you feel better.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast