Bull Shark Attack
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE

Bull Shark Attack

Check this spearo getting charged by a bull shark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnA5DT3ilQw

I would have crapped in wetsuit.

Wow!!

Thats one shark with a sore throat

Bull Sharks supposedly have the highest testosterone levels of any male creature on earth with the attitude that goes along with it!
    I would not like to be that diver!

Had something VERY similar happen to me. Only thing I had in my hand at the time was the shaft I had just taken out of a hogfish after I had strung it. I looked up and a big, open mouth full of teeth was 3 feet from my face, coming fast. Without thinking I jammed the shaft in his mouth while kicking away, which was smart because he immediately started flailing the shaft around inches from my head.

Good times.

That night I bought a Shark Shield and have had no shark encounters since.

Seem many sharks circling the boat and have always found Bulls to be agile and very aggressive of all sharks. I'm no biologist but that shark clearly went after the diver. Best head shot I ever seen and I have a 10:1 KDR in call of duty!

I once had a bull shark come out of water and attack a outboard prop that was tilted out of the water. He was part of a school of smaller sharks (males ?) following a huge 10 ft bull shark in four feet of water in Biscayne Bay that I assume was a female.

95% of all "shark attacks" here in Florida are simply a mistake - a single bite that's not followed up (of course whoever's on the receiving end will need some quality hospital time afterwards.. after a bite on the hand or foot). If you ever hear of a serious bite (real attack...) the number one candidate is the bull shark... Anyone with the slightest wound from a bull needs to get out of the water ASAP -since a bull shark will keep on coming over and over again. By the way, a bull shark can tolerate freshwater (other sharks can't) so they have been known to be in places where you'd never expect a big shark at all.... One specimen was found 500 miles up the Mississippi river a few years back. In Nicaragua it's called the Lake Nicaragua shark in Africa it's called the Zambezi River shark - you get the idea. Bull sharks swim where people swim -that's why worldwide they're considered to be the number three maneater....

The number two candidate, particularly if the attack is at night - and the body never found... is a giant tiger shark - big ones come into beach areas along the Atlantic coast at night - and they'll eat anything....

I handle quite a few sharks every year next to my skiff (mostly lemons, blacktips, and bulls) - I'm very careful whenever releasing a big bull shark next to my skiff - I'm even more careful releasing a fish at boatside during each summer along the coast of the 'Glades... As long as you don't ever try to pull a shark from the water or tail rope one -they're not hard to handle at all. But don't let that fool you -any shark can bite its own tail if fired up.....
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666

Man... some interesting facts on bull sharks never knew! Quite troubling that they can go so far in freshwater. Got enough to think about with gators down here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat's Eye View Post
    I once had a bull shark come out of water and attack a outboard prop that was tilted out of the water. He was part of a school of smaller sharks (males ?) following a huge 10 ft bull shark in four feet of water in Biscayne Bay that I assume was a female.
    RJ Boyle had a video years ago of a Mako chasing the boat and biting the prop and stalling the engine, then swimming away!