Forming Trophy Deer Lease in MO - Page 4
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaGetOutdoors View Post
    You are mistaken. If that was true, then FS would have sent me an alert about your message posted today at 5:21pm. But it didn't. I saw it just now after opening the site. There must be a way to turn it on/off in the notifications. I will dig into it.
    Ya, I'm sure you will! Report back as soon as your available! I know your busy.

Quote Originally Posted by 250sav View Post
    If he cared, he would have fixed it a long time ago. This guy is a scammer, and tries to use the proverbs as a legit guy! Don't fall for this shat! Proceed at your own risk!
    Joshua 24:15 has been somewhat of a life verse. Another favorite is Micah 6:8.

There is a large plaque hanging in my house that reads, "He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?" On the back of that plaque are about 40 signatures. It was a gift from Rev. Walt Brown, Minister of Music at FBC Katy, TX where my wife and I served years ago. Walt and I started a new Sunday School class for adults. Class members adopted the name Micah class and based it on Micah 6:8. When work moved us from TX to GA, the class gave us the plaque as a going away gift. God used the verse to convict me that I needed to show more fairness, kindness, and humility in my life.

So you see, a scripture is not on my signature line for you. It is there for me. In this instance, it reminds me how I should conduct myself and how I should treat others.
    Last edited by GottaGetOutdoors; 01-26-2017 at 10:09 AM.
    Joshua 24:15

Ya, I'm sure you will! Report back as soon as your available! I know your busy.
    FS.jpg

Notification settings appear to be turned on but it still is not notifying me when someone posts to the thread. I do get a notification when someone sends a PM, but not when someone posts to the thread. Going to turn all of them off and back on. Maybe that will fix it.

No coincidences in God's economy. Here's an example. I subscribe to YouVersion, which emails a verse of the day. Today's verse just arrived in my inbox. It says, "Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body. (Proverbs 16:24)." Another reminder why I must choose my words carefully.
    Last edited by GottaGetOutdoors; 01-26-2017 at 10:06 AM.

You've been a member since May 2014 and you don't have it figured out yet? Good luck with the lease!

You've been a member since May 2014 and you don't have it figured out yet?
    That makes two of us.

180-200 class bucks taken regularly in this area

This is where you messed it up. Anyone who has seriously chased mature bucks knows that your statement above is not exactly correct. Saying this area has produced 180"-200" bucks would have been believable. Saying 200" bucks are taken regularly is b.s. and I think most guys blew off your offer because of it. I do wish you luck, it's nice to try and turn a hobby into a career. But next time a more realistic expectation would probably work better.

Quote Originally Posted by 12bhunting View Post
    180-200 class bucks taken regularly in this area

This is where you messed it up. Anyone who has seriously chased mature bucks knows that your statement above is not exactly correct. Saying this area has produced 180"-200" bucks would have been believable. Saying 200" bucks are taken regularly is b.s. and I think most guys blew off your offer because of it. I do wish you luck, it's nice to try and turn a hobby into a career. But next time a more realistic expectation would probably work better.
    Some guys read too much into the word "regular" without reading the expanded comments later in this same thread. For example, I said, "...the MO state wildlife biologist in that district confirmed the soils type and superior genetics we are looking for to produce 180-200 class bucks. We have made it clear to each member (and candidates who get to the phone interview stage) that it is reasonable to expect 2-3 bucks per year killed among our 6-man group. Roughly 50% success rate is our estimate going into the first year and based on what we know about the farm and surrounding farms."

Bates County and adjacent counties give up 180-200 class bucks every year or two. I call that regularly but it does not mean any of us will ever kill one. It means the potential exists. This year one lucky hunter killed a 236" buck in Bates County. The probability that you or I kill a 236" buck is extremely slim, but I am motivated to hunt this farm due to the fact that bucks of that quality exist in Bates County.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234