Epic Mullet Run Report

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Epic Mullet Run Report

Well, the mullet schools are now few and far between, but the memories of the last few months will last a lifetime! I caught many fish, set personal records, and caught fish I have never caught before. I filmed most of the fish that I caught, I hope you enjoy the report.

My first small tarpon this year. I caught him on a chunk of mullet that I kayaked out 100yds.

Photo:

Video:

The same day my buddy Matt caught this nice snook:

Photo:

Video:

We hooked another big tarpon that day and he straightened out the hook. Matt also caught another snook that was smaller than the one above. We didn't get a photo or video of the fish. The following day started great! In the morning, Matt hooked up with this beautiful tarpon:

Photo:

Video:

Later that day I hooked another tarpon. It was a big fish and I was by myself. Hurricane Irene created a huge sandbar near shore and you really had to walk out to get to deep water. I didn't walk out after the fish and I pulled the hook out of his mouth, a mistake I won't make again. The next day I caught a really nice tarpon, must have been around 70-80lbs, maybe more.

Photo:

Video:

The following day I caught my biggest Tarpon ever, this fish weighed around 100lbs.

Photo:

Video:

The winds started to pick up and fishing became tough. The following week the waves were massive (7-8 footers), but the mullet were so thick! Sharks, tarpons, snook, jacks, bluefish, everything was smashing them. I caught a small tarpon (probably 30lbs) that day. The video came out horrible (the salts spray blurred the lens) and I didn't get a photo. We also caught snook and jacks on spoons and live mullet (no photos). About a week later, I caught my biggest snook ever, 40 inches! He fought very hard. I saw him in the surf and threw a 10" mullet at him and he slurped the mullet in like 3 seconds. It was raining when I caught the snook and a drop got on the lens, which sucks!

Photo:

Later that evening I caught this massive jack crevalle on a live mullet:

Photo:

Later that week I caught this really nice blacktip. I wasn't fishing for sharks, but he took the bait.

Photo:

Video:

I also caught this small snook on the same day with Surfrat. He left the beach an hour before I caught the shark.

Photo:

I started school in Orlando at the end of September, so my fishing time became very limited. I met up with Will at Sebastian Inlet in October on two occasions. I caught my very first redfish, which was over 30".

Photo:

I caught a smaller redfish the following week:

Photo:

Will and my friend Damon caught these big reds at Sebastian as well. Over 20 redfish were caught on the pier in a matter of several hours.

Photos:

Video:

God Bless,
    Joshua Jorgensen

I'd say that ranks as EPIC reporting. Cool that you have the gopro gear & follow tarpon for release.

bad *** man. Cool vids

That is a pretty sick report. Nice videos too. What is the other camera that is not the GoPro?

very nice pics and videos!

@TikoLiko - the other camera is a Contour I believe......
    Last edited by PaulBoat; 11-06-2011 at 09:16 PM.

Get the Latest Checked~Out Videos: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_...er=thepaulboat

BlacktipHunter,

Awesome report!

I believe I remember your posts on the old forum catching sharks. Am I right?

Great job, great videos and welcome to the forum again!

Cheers

Eric
    PLANE FISH N

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBoat View Post

@TikeLiko - the other camera is a Contour I believe......

Eric
    PLANE FISH N

Quote Originally Posted by TikoLiko View Post
    That is a pretty sick report. Nice videos too. What is the other camera that is not the GoPro?
    It's the Contour 1080 HD. It's much better than the GoPro. The best POV camera is the Contour+.

Quote Originally Posted by Plane Fish n View Post
    BlacktipHunter,

Awesome report!

I believe I remember your posts on the old forum catching sharks. Am I right?

Great job, great videos and welcome to the forum again!

Cheers
    Yes sir, that was me. I also posted that huge Kingfish from shore.

Quote Originally Posted by blacktip hunter View Post
    Yes sir, that was me. I also posted that huge Kingfish from shore.
    Right!

I remember and loved your posts..

Keep them coming my friend.

Great Job as usual!

Cheers

Eric
    PLANE FISH N

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast