Lowance and Simrad + Navionics = Many More Features For Boaters - Page 2
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Can I upload my way points and tracks to my Navionics account from my computer then sync them to my app yet without a Simrad or Raymarine unit?
    Last edited by FlatsBoy; 02-15-2017 at 12:32 PM.

First of all, I messed up the first part of that last post. Sorry. That was my fault. You will not be able to sync tracks from your Simrad plotter to your Android or IOS device, or vice versa. You WILL be able to sync routes and markers, meaning waypoints between the plotter and your device.

As for your latest question: You can not upload points and tracks to your Navionics account and then sync them to your app.

Tracks never sync from plotter to mobile or visa versa.
    With routes and markers, you can sync from Lowrance to mobile, and from mobile to Raymarine and visa versa.

The closest I can come for what you're asking is the web app can sync routes made on the web into your account and into your mobile archive, provided the sync my data is turned on in both.

Thanks

What are the purple/ pink ducks on the charts? Do they serve a useful purpose? If not,can they be removed?

I have a lowrance hds9 gen3. When I zoom in closer to try to read what's written, text gets a little bigger then goes to small again. Do i need to carry magnifying glass or is there a work around?

The pink/purple ducks signify a certain type of marine sanctuary area and are located on a layer of the chart that can not be edited. So, we are stuck with the birds. This has been brought up MANY times, by the way, but I haven't been able to get them to be optional.

That sounds like a setting on your Lowrance unit, as opposed to something that might be happening with the Navionics chip. Is there are a setting on the unit which allows you to adjust font sizes? I have a Raymarine on my boat and, though I know quite a bit about them, I am not all that familiar with every single little option on the Lowrance units.

I just got a new boat and had the Simrad GO9 XSE installed, I am going to purchase Navionics Platinum Plus but not sure if I should get the card or the SD? I looked at the back of the unit and there is a slot for each, is either one better than the other? Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12