Flair Hawk Rod

Florida Sportsman

Thread: Flair Hawk Rod

Flair Hawk Rod

Not sure if this is the place to post this but I'll give it a shot. I'm just now getting into flair hawking, I'm planning on buying a Saragosa 8000 and put some 40lb braid on it. My question is what rod do I pair it with? My budget is $300 and I've been looking at brands like Sewell and Conley but not sure if these are the best places to go to... Any good suggestions in rod builders will be nice. Trying to get a really light setup(weight wise) for obvious reasons. Thank you in advance!

If you're just getting into jigging I'd recommend something like a star paraflex or St. Croix mojo. Fish it for a while and figure out what you like/dislike about it, then buy something nice when you don't have to ask a forum what to buy. I've owned 600$ rods that I hated, and 300$ rods that I'll never part with.

My flair hawk rod is a tiger lite jigging rod. Sensitive, strong, and they are a great deal for the price. Not as good as a $300 rod but still nice.

Good luck

above are Both great answers

Especially
    ODC's comment edited
    Fish for a while and figure out what you like/dislike, then buy something nice when you don't have to ask a forum what to buy.
    The Original HOTD poster
    680k views 360 plus posts Deleted by a so called Mod over a little cleavage

member since Oct 1998 long before most of You

Quote Originally Posted by Ol'DirtyCaster View Post
    If you're just getting into jigging I'd recommend something like a star paraflex or St. Croix mojo. Fish it for a while and figure out what you like/dislike about it, then buy something nice when you don't have to ask a forum what to buy. I've owned 600$ rods that I hated, and 300$ rods that I'll never part with.

I own a cousin 8'9" rod that I sling jigs with 3-4 nights a week and it was around $290 I would never part with it.