Fat Albert
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE

Thread: Fat Albert

Fat Albert

It has been a long time, 8 years I believe since I was able to get an Albie from Shore. This year has been a good one and in the last 2 weeks I was able to land 16 with my best day being yesterday when I went 8 for 10.

This is the fly that I got 4 on before I lost it in the rocks on a jetty.

P1040941sol.jpg

I then decided to to give one on my Snook flies, a Chernobyl Schminnow with bed chain eyes on a size 2 hook and the Albies ate it like candy.

The best think about Albies off the beach is they have no place to go but straight out resulting in very long runs and long fights.

P1040953sol.jpgP1040944sol.jpg

The second picture shows a pile of bait as the Albie spit up it's lunch. The fly is also in the bait pile.

The is a close up of the Schminnow.

P1040950sol.jpg

Albies in New England make people get crazy. I had a great run and next Tuesday I will be heading to my place on Sanibel for 6 weeks to chase some Snook.

Hey Dick, You guys are really having a great Albie run this year. Congrads on the outstanding day.
    BC

Very nicely done. A guide out of Orlando area had an article on flies for albies. Hope he doesn't mind & hope you might get some ideas.

http://www.spottedtail.com/wire-flies/
    Ron Conner Release the fish, keep the memories. Once a Knight is enough.