Fuel sender for 1999 2350
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE

Fuel sender for 1999 2350

I think I'm going to be replacing my fuel sender -- I can't get consistant readings. Level on the trailer it will show less than half a tank, but I can't add more than 20 gallons before fuel is spitting back out at me. Then on the water it doesn't show full.

After all the issues folks have had with senders and the gaskets, I think I'm just going to replace mine. Any good leads or guides on what I should order now?

WEMA SSS/SSL should bolt right in. You will need to measure the tank height at the sender mounting location to order.
    http://wemausa.3dcartstores.com/SSSS...60-in_p_9.html

Yeah, that might have been the more accurate plan, but I didn't want to have to wait through South Florida rain with my sender removed waiting for the next one to ship in. So I thought I'd just call the manufacturer -- straight to headquaters in Ft. Pierce. That only answered what they are using now, not what was used in 1999. I went with the 16", since that is what is used now, in 2003 (according to Chad's thread), and I pray in 1999.

Still hasn't resoved my issue, which is the Yami fuel gauge seems to read randomly, taking a very long time to register that fuel has been added to the tank.

My old one had some pitting on top, but nothing like what ChadJ55 and others have reported.

If you disconnect the leads on the sender and connect them to a variable resister, as you change the resistance value you should see your gauge responding. this will tell you if the problem is the sender or from the wiring to the gauge. then you can do the same thing at the back of the gauge. It's a process of elimination.